Dyeing Ostomy Bags: Tips and Pointers Needed

Replies
Views
w30bob
Reply to CrappyColon

Luckily this isn't a democracy, so you get no vote. But you can color your own bags and we can have a competition. Do you have any egg coloring left over from Easter, might be just the ticket! Now why didn't you think of that? Maybe you did, but just didn't know it. Anyway, get coloring and we'll let the gang on here decide who wins.

;O)

JCool

Why don't you just get some covers? I got a pack of 8 (2 white, 2 brown, 2 beige, and 2 black) on Amazon. I don't remember the exact cost, but it wasn't very much. You can get all sorts of colors.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,468 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

CrappyColon
Reply to Wildflower 81

Have you used the glitter puff paint? Are you hiding from me that you're a crafty person?

Wildflower 81
Reply to CrappyColon

Nope, not crafty... but if you remember back in the day, it was all the rage to have puff-painted T-shirts, sweatshirts, etc... lol

CrappyColon
Reply to Wildflower 81

Having PTSD flashbacks of the hair

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Wildflower 81
Reply to CrappyColon

Maybe it's not PTSD so much as the after effects of inhaling the Aqua Net we had to use to achieve such bitchin' hair.

CrappyColon
Reply to Wildflower 81

Did you have the feathered bangs (I can't remember what topic this thread is about right now)

Wildflower 81

Feathered and teased

AlexT
Reply to Wildflower 81

w30bob

Ok, I'm back in black! Here's the first attempt. Used Krylon Ultra Flat Black and it looks much better than it should. The bag is still flexible and its integrity seems unaffected... and no paint flaking off!! I haven't torture tested it fully, but I am impressed at how well the paint is holding up. Would definitely work in a pinch... say a black tie affair for one night... but don't expect it to hold up to a couple days of wear time. But still... looks way better than I expected. Next will be the fabric dye. Stay tuned.

;O)

Mirage

Easier is to buy cloth covers in all colors and designs. They are available on Amazon or Etsy. I bought solid color ones and match to what I'm wearing that day, they are machine washable so I can keep reusing them.

AlexT
Reply to w30bob

I'm not sure I'd wear my bag outside of any formal black tie affair clothing to begin with. I just wore a wrap and then normal stiff, fancy clothing for a wedding I attended a few months after surgery. I don't think having the bag sticking out would look good, no matter what color it was.

CrappyColon

Ok Bob, here's the thing, it wouldn't let me respond to your comment about this not being a democracy and me not getting a vote. I find it ironic that is the comment it doesn't give me the option to reply to, which I kinda want to say you did on purpose? As I do not live under the dictatorship of Bob I don't have to listen, right? And if I did, I'd protest. I had got this spinner thing for dyeing Easter eggs to try to make the process more efficient - the kids and I were getting bored with the traditional method. I've been trying to think if I blew a bag up with air if it would work for this thing but I'm not sure. Traveling this week, so can't try it until next week ‍. My daughter had good luck with permanent markers on her white crocs though which are no longer white. I would've been upset but they actually look really good

vanestag

Not familiar with Hollister bags but what about fabric paint that's sold at Hobby Lobby, Walmart or any craft stores. Would be washable and wearable!

w30bob
Reply to AlexT

This has been talked about a lot on here, but suffice it to say wearing my bag tucked in is not an option. Too much output too quickly and nowhere to go if a belt is pinching off my bag. Stoma guards and other stuff designed to provide room for your output to slide down under a belt all pretty much suck to wear, IMHO. I always end up slitting my shirt so I can tuck it in all around with slit going around my bag. Keeping my jacket buttoned and no one ever knows. But in dimly lit rooms, where most parties I've attended were happening would make a black bag hanging over belt practically invisible. Even if a few were to remain sober for more than 30 minutes or so, I doubt they'd notice it. So having a black bag would come in handy. Dying gives me the option to make it any color I want, as clothing dye comes in a wide spectrum of colors. Wow.....I could hang my color matched designer bags next to my ties in my closet......and when it's time to pick a tie....I can pick a bag too. Hmmm.............I think I could make some money at this. If you folks will pay 130 for a Stealth Belt.......I can probably convince you to part with 20 for a hand-made designer reusable colored ostomy bag.

Honey.........clear the dining room table.......we got work to do!

;O)

CrappyColon
Reply to w30bob

Look what I found when I was looking for something completely unrelated. I go where the ADHD takes me. This is why I should get a vote because I find these things. I had to show some serious restraint not to buy the bumblebee duct tape - it was so cute.

Drnjm

I am thinking about doing this. It might be cool to match them with clothing. Good to know someone else is.

Xlshrimp
Reply to RiverS

Duct tape for the win! Green is the color! Football is the game and winning is our aim so cheer us in thru the sun and rain Sask rough riders is our name💚