Do You Name Your Stoma? Share Your Stories!

Replies
Views
infinitycastle52777
Reply to amymariefred

Awe, red velvet that is nice. Yeah my ostomy nurse that I had kept telling me I had a beautiful little rose. But I had already named him Marvin. But that is why he is Marvin Rose. 

I like the image of a red velvet cupcake! Yum. Except the last time I had red velvet cake my ostomy exploded with bright red output and it was excessive output. Strangely it doesnt like blue dye either.

Lee

infinitycastle52777
Reply to ianemily

I agree she does deserve a name. How else will she know when you are talking to/about her!! Yes I am strange and my mom is too as we talk to Marvin on a daily basis. Loonie is a good name too. Makes me think of Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series. And McFart can be so true of stomas. After breakfast mine was conducting a symphony. My mom calls it talking when he farts. And she will answer Marvin with like "well good morning to you" or "whats the matter Marvin". She will even sometimes give my tummy a little pat and say she is giving Marvin a love pat. Yes we have a lot of fun at my house. But I always say "if im laughing im not crying"

Lee

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,709 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mommad
Reply to Killarney

Stinky Stewie disagrees lol

infinitycastle52777
Reply to Mommad

What does SS disagree with?

Lee

MairiC

Nope...when I had an asshole I didn't name it..I didn't name my elbow or my foot either. It's just a part of my body, not a separate entity. 

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
doloressierra54

I named mine Brook, because it burbled a lot in the beginning. I find it’s easier to reference the stoma, if I need to, by using the name. Plus it adds a little humor to a sometimes challenging situation. 

infinitycastle52777
Reply to MairiC

If I named my foot I would call it Ouch, at least my left ankle. As it is still healing from a sprain.

I rather like to think my stoma has it's own personality. 

Lee

infinitycastle52777
Reply to doloressierra54

It deffinitly does add humor to a challenging situation. I like humor. We laugh a lot at my house. Helps with coping.

Lee

rian7260

I playfully call mine either button or stomi 

infinitycastle52777
Reply to rian7260

Button is really cute. They do sort of look like buttons. Actually strange story about that. After my re-location surgery I wanted to cuddle something soft just for comfort from the experieces I'd had and I took a stuffed monkey that I had and sewed a red button to it's stomach and then I took an extra bag I had laying around that was clear and I cut it to size and then sewed it closed all around and made a little bag for the monkey. Then I colored a piece of paper brown and crumpled it up and stuck it up into the bag and now I have a money with an ostomy and a partly filled bag. I just thought of that because you said button. Stomi is cute too. Today I have been referring to Marvin as "The Super Pooper" and "The liquidator" because he has been a very busy little stoma today, and all liquid. I must have done something to upset him. LoL

Lee

Winnie The Pooh

Mine's called Winnie - as in Winnie the Pooh.

I've since found here are a few of us! And Aldi had some squares of cloth with Winnie the Pooh characters and quotes eg "Without Pooh, The Adventure Would Be Impossible" which I bought to make bag covers, but haven't got round to it yet.

infinitycastle52777
Reply to Winnie The Pooh

Wow you make your own bag covers? That is so cool. Like the name too, very fitting. My Marvin has slowed down today after doing 2250cc yesterday of pure liquid. He's only at 1,000cc today and it is after 9 so I don't think he is going to do any more before bedtime. I wasnt too happy with him yesterday as soon as I emptied the bag he filled it right back up not more than 1 minute later all morning. 

Lee

yanceydelrio

I named mine Fred. I gave him a man’s name cause he’ll always stay by my side and never leave me. Sometimes he’ll shit on me but I’ll just clean him up and we’ll start all over with our very permanent relationship. 

Kirstickle

Mine is called Bilbo (Baggins) 😁

warrior

this is just for laughs. so take a chill pill folks.

naming your stoma would be like naming you boobs

without nipples, boobs would be pointless.😉

i know.. i know. im going to hell for that.

CrappyColon
Reply to warrior

Purgatory 😜

warrior

oh u devil. was that an invite? 

heard u put the " oh" in ohio.😉😀

kennybob94zz
Reply to CrappyColon

I named Mine freedie the free loader, then turned it on my income taxes. 

kennybob94zz
Reply to CrappyColon

I named Mine freedie the free loader, then turned it on my income taxes. 

Beachboy
Reply to warrior

When I chill on the beach in summer, all the young guys laying in the sand around me are staring into their cell phones.  What boobs!

But not me..... I'm enjoying the bikini show walking along the waters edge.  Every once in a while I'm thinkin'  "What boobs!"

aTraveler

I call mine Yack. He can be quite noisy — plenty of times I would tell my wife "listen at all that yackity yack." I have never named any other body part, primarily, because they are just there requiring minimal attention from me. No other body part requires as much attention as Yack. I can't ignore it and act like it is just another body part. I could say more but I have to change Yack's clothing.