Complications After Barbie Bum Surgery: Extra Skin or Blister?

Replies
Views
Ahdillydilly
Jan 15, 2024 6:18 am

In September I had the Barbie bum surgery and colostomy. All is well and pretty much healed, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any complications in the bum region. I have extra skin or a blister??? It doesn't hurt (yet), but it's different. Can anyone else relate or have some advice?

Thank you so much :)

IGGIE
Jan 15, 2024 2:51 pm

G-Day Ahdillydilly, when I got my Ken Butt the surgeon said if it feels funny down there let him know and he said he would give it a trim. It can be fixed, Dilly. Regards, Iggie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,819 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Morning glory
Jan 15, 2024 3:18 pm

No problems with mine, however at first it felt different. It is different, but if it worries you, get it checked out.

warrior
Jan 15, 2024 3:36 pm

Kenn Butt here since Oct 2023.

1 month after your Barbie.

So time-wise we are relevant.

Dunno anything about extra skin or blister down there. I do not believe anything going on down there is good. Nope. Currently, I get a little dribble between cheeks, and when walking, it feels like there's a rock - a load in my pants. But nothing visual.

Dr says nothing wrong but I beg to differ.

It sounds like you decided to find out about the Barbie after surgery, after you had it. Correct? Did you do any research prior?

IGGIE
Jan 16, 2024 12:09 pm
Reply to warrior

G-Day Warrior, I told you to get that fixed, mate. If shit's coming out, then infection can go in. Phone and get an appointment tomorrow. This is my concern for you. A Ken Butt should be FULLY CLOSED. Regards, IGGIE

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
timcasey815
Jan 22, 2024 12:13 pm
Reply to warrior

Oh, not so true, Iggy. For me, I got my so-called baby butt. I nicknamed mine, and myself, Ratbutt. Lol. For years, I went through probably 13 surgeries, from the age of 20 to 50. I continued to get abscesses where my hole used to be. They would start there and run down my inner and outer thighs, not just one but several at a time. They would track down or spread. Miserable I was. They had to remove my sphincter muscles, asshole. That didn't work. Continued surgery after surgery, worked with it. Got sick repeatedly. My right butt cheek looks like Freddy Kruger got ahold of me. Lol, hence Ratbutt! Had one last surgery. They left a hole where my hole was in order for it to drain or weep. Lots of drainage at first. Now, years later, it barely, if at all, leaks. Good use of paper towels folded up between my cheeks to prevent it from getting on my clothes. Only at night now sometimes. The hole is small but open. On my knees, I could probably smoke a cigarette out of my new asshole, not lying. Depending on if I sucked my gut in or pushed, life constipated. Air in, air out. I hope you get checked out. Don't make light of it. I had my stomach moved to the other side due to it growing at least 4 inches long, protruding into the bag. Awful 😞 So be sure to get it checked. No sit-ups, lol.

timcasey815
Jan 22, 2024 12:17 pm

Anyway, I flush it with a shower head in the tub, filled with 1 cup of bleach, pretty much flush out my insides to this day. Oh yeah, talk about an inside itching you can't scratch.

timcasey815
Jan 22, 2024 12:18 pm

Anyway, I flush it with the shower head in the tub, filled with 1 cup of bleach, pretty much flush out my insides to this day. Oh yeah, talk about an inside itching you can't scratch.

warrior
Jan 22, 2024 2:57 pm
Reply to IGGIE

Hi Iggy! Yeah, I made an appointment this Thursday to see the surgeon and see what's going on down there. I'll let you know.

IGGIE
Jan 28, 2024 7:41 am
Reply to warrior

How did you go, Warrior? Regards, Iggie

warrior
Jan 28, 2024 1:36 pm
Reply to IGGIE

The doctor wants me to go for a CAT scan... he's thinking along the lines of a fistula, but I don't think it's that...

I think I popped the stitches down there, so we wait for the CT, and then I go back under the knife.

Not a happy camper. Thanks for your concern.

For an itchy situation, he prescribed Calmoseptine.

Comes in a tube. Very paste-like. Difficult to work with.

Just makes a mess IMO.

IGGIE
Jan 29, 2024 11:37 am
Reply to warrior

Good luck, mate. Iggie