Ostomy support belt

Replies
Views
Milhouse04

Hello, I'm looking to purchase a support belt / wrap. I wear the roll and lock hollister bags in the vertical position. 

Can anyone recommend one off Amazon? Or elsewhere.

That would be great thank you 

Mysterious Mose

I don't wear a belt very often, but when I do it is the Hollister. It's covered by my insurance. Here is an Amazon link. I just don't recommend wearing the things when you are sleeping. Especially if you are a tosser like me. And I don't mean a tosser in the Brit sense of the word! :-)

https://www.amazon.com/Hollister-Adjustable-Ostomy-Belt-Medium/dp/B002GWRHWE/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1DIPQZS1ONUZ7&keywords=ostomy%2Bbelt&qid=1706044523&sprefix=ostomy%2Bbelt%2Caps%2C243&sr=8-5&th=1

Daniel

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,601 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Milhouse04
Reply to Mysterious Mose

Oh thank you I already have the Hollister support belt, a few actually.

I'm meaning the concealment style support wraps with the zipper at the bottom. 

JustMeRLB

I am planning on purchasing a stealth belt. They can be made to your specs. I joined their fb support group also. 

Beachboy

I use Nu-Hope 3, and 4 inch wide support belts.  Comfortable enough to wear all day.

The 4 inch wide belt has a prolapse flap.   The flap goes over your stoma bag to flatten it.  Works well. Helps hold down my big ostomy bulge.

Nu-Hope is in Pacomia California.  Available thru most medical supply companies.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
AlexT

I think you first have to figure out what you need or what you want it to do. Do you want it to help keep your bag sealed to your body better to prevent leaks? Help against a hernia? To hide your bag? To support your bag? There’s probably not 1 specific belt/wrap that covers every scenario. I wear an OstomySecrets wrap 99% of the time when i leave the house to support my bag and conceal it. I wear a StealthBelt for the same reasons but usually only during the summer at the lake so I can work on my tan lines. If the Stealth Belt had a wider “belt” part, I’d wear it way more often but I’m not fond of it folding over my love handles and having to adjust it a lot. I like the concept of NU Hope or Movi Brace ones with a wider belt but they don’t conceal/support your bag. So, figure out what you want/need, and you can narrow down your search. 

Milhouse04
Reply to AlexT

AlexT thank you. Yes I want it for all those things you mentioned. OstomySecrets wrap and the Stealth belt I'll take a look at those:) thank you

AlexT
Reply to Milhouse04

You’re welcome. 

Hisbiscus

I use corsiol tytex stoma safe plus.they are washable. I've always wanted ro try the stealth belt that others have tried