Living in Apartments: Dealing with Neighbor Smell Complaints

Replies
Views
Hisbiscus
Feb 25, 2024 10:03 am
Reply to Maried

I change my bag daily when I shower. I always shower right before work. This is what I could not figure out. I was working a caretaker's job prior and my car was getting a stench in it. Unless the smells are coming from the car when I'm in it driving.

AlexT
Feb 25, 2024 10:11 am
Reply to Hisbiscus

You can’t stink that bad, I’m beginning to believe it’s all in your head. If it’s not and it does make everything around you smell, you have a major issue going on and need medical help, not replies from any of us. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,866 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Hisbiscus
Feb 25, 2024 10:22 am
Reply to warrior

Yes exactly. The one with the note I don't consider a bully and do appreciate at least telling me  if I do. One thing i dislike is someone lying to be nice.  That is if that person is genuine and it was not some kind of sabatoge. 

The apartment ordeal yes that pig deserves to be punced ,kicked and you name it. You don't go around smearing someone's name like that and turning a whole complex against someone. I dunno that place did have sewer issues though and lady downstairs was filthy. Garbage bags in the hall outside her door for days but no it was all me. 

I was on my own though so I just kept my head up and carried on. I had a whole complex against me. Someone even.broke into my internet. Internet company told me I had so much stuff connected. Phones, tvs, garage doors. Roomba vacumes etc.. it was a secured network as well. Apt broke into as the locks were all messed up. 

Hisbiscus
Feb 25, 2024 10:25 am
Reply to AlexT

Right. I'd love to believe it's in my head, but then again, not only the apartment ordeal, I have months later a note left on a desk of an office I clean that says I smell like shit. I posted a picture of that note here in this thread. So that is why I'm really considering that maybe I do smell.

The thread was about apartment living. I'm asking if anyone else in apartments ever got complaints of bathroom smells. So those are the replies I wanted to actually know.

I did go for a medical check-up when all that ordeal was going on, and they checked me for all the usual poop infections back then, but they were all negative. This occurred last summer.

The note on the desk at work was just 3 or 4 weeks ago.

AlexT
Feb 25, 2024 10:41 am
Reply to Hisbiscus

Do you see the people that could have left you that note on a regular basis?

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Hisbiscus
Feb 25, 2024 11:20 am
Reply to AlexT

No, but usually I only emptied her garbage. The night before, I vacuumed and wiped her desk with a cleaner. She had a blanket on the back of her chair, and it fell when I moved the chair, so I picked it up and put it back on her chair. That very next night, the note was left.

I did have co-workers who were messing with my bathroom bag at that job, but I thought in no way would they do it and leave a note like that in someone's desk. I left it there and took a pic in case I needed it.