Surgery Today!

Replies
Views
Danno

Today is the big day. Surgery #2 of 3. Having my jpouch constructed resulting in a loop ileostomy for the recovery. 

I’m much more calm going into this one with the experience I have from my first stoma. Fingers crossed no NGtube. 🤣

Overall the past year has been great. I’ve been able to eat and drink what ever I want, I’ve doubled in size (muscle) from pushing myself at the gym, I’ve travelled 5 times since my surgery, and overall just feel great. 

Im hoping this positive experience transfers over to the new stoma and eventually, my pouch. 

I often think to myself “why am I giving up on what finally appears to be great?” I made it right? 

I don’t know how to explain it. I feel like if I don’t try, I will always wonder. I know there’s a chance everything can go south. I also know that if I do end up back with a permanent stoma it could be a lesser version of what I’m experiencing now. 

But I gotta try. 

See you on the other side! I’m sure I’ll have lots to say in the coming weeks. 

Riva

You’ve got this.   Speedy and easy recovery 💪🌈

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Morning glory

A speedy recovery for you. You're  going to do great.

Past Member

Hope all goes well! X 

CrappyColon

I was in the same mental space as needing to try so I’d know. 🤞 no NG tube! Looking forward to hearing how you’re doing when you’re able ☺️

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
ron in mich

HiDanno good luck and speedy recovery.

Bryce

Good Luck Danno!

eefyjig

Sending good luck vibes to you!

LJB222

Good luck! Wishing you a speedy recovery ❤️‍🩹 

DexieB

Good luck Danno, although I just know it will go great!  😊🌈🙏 Prayers for a speedy recovery ❤️‍🩹 

Itsme58

Prayers and healing thoughts for you, Wishing you well for your surgery today you know we’re here for you. You will be in my thoughts be blessed

Differentclass

Best of luck Danno, I’m sure you will do brilliantly! 

Newhere

Danno, Hope all goes well, Im shure it will, Keep us all posted, and take care, Bill.

Axl

I know exactly what you are feeling and been through exactly the same, it is a big op this one. Take your time recovering and take care.

Danno

Check in. 

Surgery was a success! Following surgery I refused all pain medication and chewed a bunch of gum in an attempt to prevent ileus.

Thankfully it worked and I passed gas. 😃😃😃 NO ILEUS!!!

Nurses thought I was crazy but it worked!! Apparently it’s not common for the bowels to wake up that fast. 🤗

I didn’t take pain meds until about 5am this morning and so far so good. Been drinking, just ate a muffin, and removed my catheter all day 2. Progress is great so far. 

Morning glory

What great news thanks. You are making  very quick progress. 

IGGIE

Great news and it looks like your well on the way to being sent home soon. I hope all keeps going well for you. Regards IGGIE

Happy-but-Newbie

Hello Danno! wish you another great day :-)