Hollister products

Replies
Views
sagepatch.gw

I have been using the same product since 1989. The Hollister #8590 with the rings.

They discontinued my supplies and changed the product to what they refer to as upgrade new and improved.

Well, I still use the rings. The product is awful the closure on the end is not secure. The plastic is much thinner on the bags and I can smell stool the same day of placing a new appliance. I believe this is due to the poor quality of the plastic allowing the smell to seap through the plastic as I can't locate any leaking. This product is an extreme disaster and disappointment and I really need to find a new company to provide quality products. We all have been through hell! We shouldn't have to put up with another major inconvenience.

IGGIE

G-Day Sage,  Can I suggest you stay with Hollister but try the 2 piece. I use the #18183 bag and the #13505 Base plate which is convex. I have been using this setup for a few years now and not had a leak. You dont say what type of stoma you have, mine is an Ileostomy and I cannot recommend this set up any more. I also use a "Salts Seal" with a collar see photo and this directs the poo forward into the bag, See photo. I hope this can help you.   Regards IGGIE nos da cwsg yn dda

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,592 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

You are in charge of what you use, if you don’t like the products, change what you use. 

amkevergreen

....Greetings...

I too use Hollister Products & I get you on that bag seal, just have to get those little nubby lined up just right and pinch; unfortunately, they're hard to separate for dumping...

When my barrier starts to smell it is because the ring has unsealed on the skin side.  Important to use "Skin Barrier Film" for ring to stick good on skin. I build a thick layer by several applications with a few minutes to dry in-between wipes...then apply ring & barrier pressing against stoma for a few minutes to warm ring and assure sticking to barrier film.... 

Another smelly issue...  I use 2-piece and I have failed to snap bag & barrier together completely...

Good Luck!

Arnold

Evergreen, CO

AlexT
Reply to amkevergreen

Skin barrier film is for use on irritated/weepy skin, not to make anything stick better unless it’s on the irritated skin. 

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
amkevergreen
Reply to AlexT

.....All due respect...  AlexT is WRONG  WRONG  WRONG...  CONTACT Ostomy Clinic Nurse.....

Skin Barrier Film also protects skin from barrier ring leaks from "POOP" causing skin irritation/weeping...ostomy powder & skin barrier film in layers treats skin irritation issues....

Have a nice day...

AlexT
Reply to amkevergreen

I did. I also contacted the company directly about it. But if someone believes that whatever they use is needed and gives them confidence, have at it. You have a nice day too. 

amkevergreen
Reply to AlexT

...I doubt it.... good lord.... 

Folks, Call for your own self and YOU decide who is blow'n smoke.....  Call Manufactures, Nurses, Local Ostomy Support Group, etc...

that is all.....

Littlefish
Reply to amkevergreen

concur

AlexT
Reply to amkevergreen

I didn’t know we were competing for points about which one is right, you can have the top spot of being correct, I’ll still sleep good tonight. I just replied with what I’ve been told. Have a good one. 

amkevergreen
Reply to AlexT

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😘

IGGIE
Reply to amkevergreen

Accept other people's point of view and also have your own, but it's not a competition and never will be. Regards IGGIE

amkevergreen
Reply to IGGIE

....IGGIE.....since your reply is to "me" I will respond.....wrong is wrong & I do not subscribe to Joseph Goebbels .....nor did I make this a "competition" as I advocated Folks contact CREDITABLE sources for the "truth"...

THAT is all!!!  I am DONE with this thread as it seems to be hijacked by popinjays deviating from this Lady's sincere concern....

R1Kirby

I found that you have to try different brands until you find one you like. I found Hollister 89511 one piece bag works well with this system. No leaks.

IGGIE
Reply to amkevergreen

That is ALL, Can I smell smoke blowing up someone's Ass

AlexT
Reply to amkevergreen

Here is part of the explanation on skin barrier wipes/film from Hollister’s site, anyone can look it up….

cartinell8
Reply to AlexT

Twice I accidentally tried to apply my barrier ring over stoma powder without using the sealer and my barrier ring wouldn't stick at all. That's how I realized that I had forgotten to use the sealer. I don't know how you're getting it to stick.

AlexT
Reply to cartinell8

I presume your blowing off the excess?

ValerieCO62
Reply to cartinell8

Same for me. My ring hates powder.