Twins

Replies
Views
fable3
I figure this is an appropriate place to give an update on my situation. Normally, I post in reversals.

In April 2010, I found out I had cancer.

In June 2010, I had a life changing surgery that earned me a colostomy and all its wonderful splendor.

In August 2010, my husband demanded that my eggs be harvested. Literally, he endured the scorn of my father, my radiation oncologist and my gyn oncologist by asking that we postpone treatment for 6 weeks. We ended up with 8 embryos cryo-preserved at day 3 and shipped to Las Vegas, NV for underground storage with clearance codes and sealed passwords. As if they were nuclear bombs.

In September 2011, we chose a gestational carrier. My best friend of 10 years. We developed a thaw plan and implant protocol. We drafted a legal contract, medical insurance, the whole 9 month yards. It's unbelievable all that goes in this arrangement.

In November 2011, I had the first phase of my colostomy reversal done and was granted an ileostomy.

In December 2011, we became pregnant with TWINS!!! My best friend is carrying my children. My husband, who has never had his own children, is beside himself with utter joy. All he wanted was a little piece of me running around and now we have two... a boy a girl...

What an incredible happy ending!!!
mild_mannered_super_hero
thats a wonderful story. with so much sad news on this forum, its sure nice to hear a "success" story . congrats to you and your hubby..!!!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

fable3
thanks I never thought we'd make it this far, but he's definitely my dream come true.
gutenberg
What a beautiful story fable and thanks for sharing with us, its not often we can rejoice with such heart warming news, all the best to you and your new family, Ed
Jupiter
Wonderful, Your in my Prayers best wishes !

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
fable3
Thank you, thank you!! We are very blessed. I am so very grateful. So, if August rolls around and I'm not on here very much if at all... ya'll will know why
Dave_Canada
What and incredible happy BEGINNING!

Best of luck to you and the whole family, mom!
Patrice
Hey Fable. I just read your happy news. Congratulations and what a wonderful event to look forward to in August. Your friend must be a very special person. God bless all of you!
Patsy
bag_n_drag
Hey Fable!

I am so happy to hear that the twins are doing well and that you will have 2 little "mini-Fables" running around by the end of summer! Glad you are doing well, too, healthwise. Please keep us posted....you are very special to me and I am so thankful that your future is bright and your recovery, consistent!

Blessings!
Darla
fable3
Thank you so much! My friend is a saint... I tell you she has gone through so much and she still has the last two months to go... her feet are swollen, it's 100 degree weather, and she's getting over a cold/cough... but she is happy to give us this chance to be parents again. I know she is going to love these children as much as her own. I can't wait for her and our entire family to welcome them into this world. After all crap we have been through, it's time for new life!!!

I am enjoying summer without the bag these days. Swimming for the first time in a couple of years. I was always afraid to swim before even though I've heard that so many ostomates do this type of exercise. I've been eating raw fruit and veggies for a week now. Not too much... lol... Output is still the same. Sometimes, it really does baffle me, but I think I've finally gotten the hang of it. Crossing my fingers!

I hope everyone here is doing well and enjoying their summer!!

All my best,
Fable
Mrs.A
This terrific news! How exciting. Well it is now September and no new post... I hope and pray you are enjoying your twins. I am sure many of us are anxiously waiting some news. Maybe even a picture or two.
fable3
Came by to catch up on the latest! Hope all are enjoying life in their own way. I'm still doing very well with my reversal and fight against cancer. All scans have been NED for 4 years. I posted a pic of my twins. It's old but it's a perfect example of their inherent attitudes. Of course, they are entering the terrible two stage and are learning to poop pee on their own. I tell ya ... I have SO much patience with them ... It's amazing how much a near death experience will open your eyes to whats really important in life.

Anyhow, enough preachy. Just wanted to say hi! Think of all of you often. Thank you so much for being there during one if the most terrifying times of my life.

All my Best,
Fable
Patrice
Hi Fable. I was so glad to read your latest post as I had been thinking of you for more than a year and wondering how you and the twins were doing. Can you post a more recent picture of the kids? I'll bet you have a very busy life! I am doing well. Smaller and more frequent BMs but it's workable most of the time. It's just a new normal that I can live with.
But I think the whole experience has made me a better person. I so appreciate your support back when I was going through such a difficult time a couple years ago. You helped me alot. Thank you so much. I wish the best to you and your family.
Patsy