Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,297 members

Laxative

Posted by chicki, on Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:10 pm

What kind of laxative can I take, when I feel the need

Reply by Diceman, on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:55 pm

Chicki I take Walmart brand stool softer gel caps along with my Dibaties meds they both do the trick.

But at times I need some thing else. I drink some deit soda that has Asperntain or I keep a little box of Ice teat packets with Asperntain in it  mix ir in a bottle of water and drink about a half and it does make mt stool soft to come out.

And I drink a lot of water too.

Diceman (Skip)

Reply by WOUNDED DOE, on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:44 am

You will get lots of good advice no doubt dear :) ...but also be sure to inquire with your Doctor or Ostomy Nurse with this and go about that carefully....we all have a tendency to dehydrate quickly so whatever you choose make sure you continue to drink lots of water while doing so....take care! :)

~DOE

Reply by alaskajade, on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:57 pm

Take a PEG laxative, like Restoralax or Lax a Day. It works like a dream... I should know I take it every day for breakfast. I've researched the laxitive with the docs and the drugist. They all agree the laxitives with PEG are the best.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.