Flushable Bags

Replies
Views
Jonny

If, like me, you use closed pouches, do you find it very difficult and embarrassing when you're out in public or at a friend's house and don't know what to do with the nappy sack afterwards? I used this method for most of my colostomy life.

However, after Googling it and finding nothing to help, I came across new flushable bags that are biodegradable. They are pretty amazing. I've been sent some samples and not only are they comfortable, but the fact that you simply take it off and drop it into the toilet and flush away is, for me, life-changing.

Obviously, changing bags can be a difficult transition for some. I hated the idea of trying new bags as I've always found mine to be comfortable. But if you're in the same boat as me, do try them out or ask your GP because it's great. Not only am I saving money on nappy sacks and helping the environment, but I also get to feel somewhat normal whenever I have to change my bag out in public or at a friend's house.

I hope you find this useful!

Bettyjoe

Where can I find them?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Irjosh

Me too. What brand specificity?

Jonny

Hey guys. Sorry, I completely forgot to mention what brand it is!

http://www.clinimed.co.uk/Stoma-Care/Products/Closed-Stoma-Bags/Aura-Flushable/Product-Design.aspx

They might be just a UK company; however, I'm not sure if they ship worldwide. But hopefully, you find it useful.

Puddle_of_worms

Colo-Majic is another brand, Attiva also makes them. Those two are available in Canada

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister