I'm throwing out my marshmallows!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Rozanskyism

That's right!! Well, actually I donated them to the homeless. Despite all that I've read about marshmallows slowing down peristalsis and providing a break in output before it's time to change my ileostomy, the only thing marshmallows have done is gotten me fat!!!

I'm trying to lose 20lbs so I can do my second surgery and have my jpouch built... I now have 28 post-marshmallow lbs to lose!

Since it's gelatin, which is supposed to slow me down, perhaps bone broth or jello is the answer... or just better timing!!!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Sasquatch

I've never found the marshmallows to do that much good in slowing my system down. Timing is the key to a clean change for me. I know that my system slows down about an hour after my evening meal, so as soon as it's done moving, I change.

Good luck dropping a few pounds, I put a quick 40 pounds on after surgery. I went a little over my ideal weight and am kinda stuck there now, but I'll take the extra weight over dealing with UC symptoms any day.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Homie With A Stomie NS

Hi Roz.... Geez, I need weight but hell, how many did ya eat lol?????