My thoughts

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

After my surgery (2015) while ;trolling on the computer, I lucked up on this site and started reading, dag ;there were many like myself. My thoughts were I found a home, initially I didn't post I kept reading.

It was comforting to know I wasn't alone in this journey, The things that were happening to my body were happening to others.

I was learning there ;were different surgeries and reasons ;that led to wearing appliances.Those that ;weren't born with a stoma call it the new normal.

For many they were born with a birth defect and knew no other way(note) ;I didn't create the word new normal. In all honesty ;I don't know where it actually came from.

Many ;were married and some were single. Many are not even ostomates but are members for reasons of their own. Perhaps their significant other had or have a stoma.

Many ;posted about how their significant other left after their surgery .The botton life is some people can't handle sickness,. Would it be fair to say they couldn't stand the sight.!

There many that have been with their significant others for years and are still together. There some that cry out in their very own way, alone and searching for support or even friendship..

In collections I ;read about a gentleman who himself was an ostomate, but he didn't want an ostomate as a partner.

Now this of course ;is his choice, as we all differ in opinions.

There are many who are alone, because of death of their significant others. I know being human we all need to feel loved and accepted. Heck even a dog want to be loved! Right?

Let's fast forward, I ask myself sometimes would ;I be with another like myself because of what I know. I do know people judge others based on a disabilty.If you want to call it that!

I have more empathy now, than I had prior to my surgery. If only we as people were flies on the wall, would we then be more sensitive to others?

Many people, once they close their doors are truly lonely, feeling unloved. Yet ;many wouldn't know it because of the brave front we as people put on. (shield)

Strange how we want love and respect, yet lack the ability ;to ;give it. My thoughts!

Respectively,

Angelicamarie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello Angelicamarie. Thanks for sharing this interesting perspective on your first involvement with this site. My own memory (or lack of) does not allow for such detailed reminiscences as I cannot recall the reasons for clicking onto a site such as this. 

Nonetheless, I have enjoyed the varied correspondence over the years and i HOPE THAT THIS WILL CONTINUE INTO THE FUTURE.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate