Experiences with Osto-Date?

Replies
Views
w30bob

Withed,

I checked out Happypancake, despite the odd name. It's in some weird language, so I couldn't read the homepage. Something tells me those girls won't understand a word I say. (SMILE) But I'm glad it works for you. I've been on and off Match.com in the past and met some nice women, just not Mrs. Right. I live in a fairly rural area, so even on Match there aren't that many women close to me. It does appear that the hot dating site here in the US right now is Plenty of Fish. Maybe we should rename this ostomate site as "Plenty of Fish with a Hole in Their Belly".

Ya just gotta keep it light... if you let stuff bother you, you'll go nuts. Have fun.

Bob

Past Member

Hey Bob,

The app originates from Sweden and the site apparently opens up to the Swedish main website. I tried Googling but I don't think it's spread that far yet and only seems to have a Swedish and Dutch site. How unfortunate.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,472 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Xerxes

Well, as Mae West said to W.C. Fields in "My Little Chickadee," "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

Xerxes

w30bob

W.C. Fields? Is that the Chocolate Chip cookie manufacturer? No wait...........that's Mrs. Fields.....probably his wife!

;O)

Bob

warrior

The Osto Date site was a good recommendation, Bob. Or was it Honest Abe? Hee hee... I just wish they narrowed it down state by state. I think the number of people with pictures is more accurate and active than the people being shown to me here on MOA. True, some people from here are on that other site, which means they are still out here and active. But I agree, this MOA site should require dating posts. Like I said before, I ain't here for the grind, but for the info. But I was curious about the Osto Date site. It needs improving though. Their profile mentions nothing much about the bag issues. It's more geared for dating, which is cool. Thumbs up to them.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Hermit

F

Hermit

Morning Bob, your reply was interesting! Got to answer before girlfriend arrives! Sounds like you don't like your stoma! Love mine! Saved my life! When intimate, will tell her and always accept it! Maybe we have other things on our minds! If no chemistry, why tell them! Maybe it's the older generation! We have other things to be concerned about! Anyway, good luck! Lot of lonely people out here; that could care less about a little bag on stomach!

w30bob

Honest........your point is well taken. I hear ya. You're right about the stoma, I do hate mine. But I'm not mad at it specifically, I more so hate the fact that this whole ostomy thing happened to me. I've been dealing with Crohn's since I was 25, but up to the ostomy thing was pretty happy with my life. And truth be told, as much as I hate the whole ostomy thing I wouldn't hate it nearly as much if I wasn't short gutted. THAT's the thing that I really hate. So you're right, I shouldn't take my rage out on my stoma, it's making my life at least livable, if not as enjoyable as it used to be. I, like many on here, love your attitude. You are right on point! Thanks for that!!

Regards,

Bob

warrior

Bob, how do you wear your bag horizontally or vertically? I wear mine horizontally and when people hug me, I often keep one arm down near my side to prevent them from hitting the area.. so it is protected.. I don't know how that will work on the motorcycle though.. "what's the squishy thing I feel". But my point is protecting it the way I do gives me an edge.

Also, have you ever come across a person, usually a guy friend, who doesn't know about your bag and you're talking face to face with him.. then he goes with a finger and hits your belly like to get your attention? I mean it's a touch touch moment.. people do this all the time. What I don't like is if people know about the bag.. and still touch me in that area..

As a person with a hearing aid in my right ear, I often get people talking directly into my left. That's what I am talking about. Or they try to whisper in my left ear. That sucker (the ear) is dead. So what do I do, I lean in. (Picture that for a moment)

It's just stupid shit. Hugs are good. Just know how to protect the area. Nothing wrong with keeping an arm down or along your stoma side. Just hate it when people have to tap/touch that area to get my attention.

Also, re: hug types, if you wanna analyze this. The pull-in hug and bend-in hug. Vertically speaking, I have no trouble with either. And you say.....

Past Member

I guess I should be happy that I live in an area where we don't do many of those typical American hugs whenever you meet up with people. Typically, people can't feel my bag unless they hug from behind.

I have no issues with my bag riding my motorcycle. Not on my chopper where I sit upright or my sportbike where I lean over. For the record, I wear my bag vertically. Horizontally would just pull the bag down whenever it gets half full or more. It would also make it awkward to empty.

w30bob

Hi Withed,

I'm glad you commented on riding your bikes. I've been tempted to pull out my KTM 500MX and do some hot laps around my pasture........but not being able to wear a kidney belt would take its toll. A streetbike might be better. I've considered getting an XR650R, but haven't pulled the trigger. With my stoma being lopsided and at skin level on the rightmost side, I suspect it won't tolerate the sportbike bent over riding position for very long, but a more traditional upright style might be ok. Now I can easily empty my bag while driving my SUV without any problems.....but doing that on a bike will certainly be a neat trick. Maybe "neat" isn't the right word, as it might end up being a bit messy. But I might have to go out to the shed and pull that KTM out right now......it's a perfect day to roost through some grass and chase the horses a bit!

Later,

Bob

Past Member

Hey Bob. Not sure what skin level means. Mine is about an inch below my bellybutton on my right side.
I've ridden 2500 miles in a couple of days without issues on my sportsbike. My seat allows me quite some room so I'm never squished against the tank. Not even when I tuck in for some top speed action.
I feel that an upright position is worse as you tend to sag after a while, while on a sportsbike your stomach remains more flat due to the more leaning position.
Perhaps it's better to make a separate topic to discuss motorcycles and what comes with riding them wearing a bag.

Xerxes

Just curious, why do you wear your appliance horizontally?

Xerxes

warrior

Why do I wear it horizontally? For me, having it hang just feels very awkward and inviting to a problem. I'd rather have it closer to me, so I can bend and feel much more confident walking or doing anything else for that matter. Only time I wear it vertically is when going to bed because that proves to be safer against blowouts. The wrap I use keeps the bag close to me and I like that confident feeling. I don't use belts, I use wraps. I have no complaints this way. Having it swing vertically is so annoying. And get this, how can I dress to hide it when it's down like that? Yeah, horizontally improves the dressing image. Wear low-cut pants and no one knows anything about it. How about you Xerxes? Which way do you do yours?

w30bob

Hi guys,

Mine hangs a little to the left. Oh wait, you're asking about my bag... Oops... Forget I said that.

I wear my bag vertically. My output is too liquidy to allow it to be in contact with my stoma and barrier ring all the time, but would probably wear it horizontally if my output was firmer and more solid. I haven't got a wrap yet, but plan to shortly.

Regards,

Bob

Brown eyed girl

As a female, I found the whole dating scene rough. I found most men I met ran for the hills when they found out about my health situation.....my husband did the same. Too much to deal with for him. I am totally okay being on my own...my children are grown and I work my ass off to take care of myself by myself....for now that's okay. If I should happen to meet someone wonderful, maybe my feelings will change....But I certainly understand your thoughts here. It's so difficult. I wish you all the best!!!!!

Hermit

Morning, Brown Eyed Girl! Try Zoosh dating site! It's free, however, I am a paid member! I get about 2 hits every morning! I am getting off as I am only dating one woman at this time! Maybe it's my age (68), there's a lot of lonely people out there! I went 2 years after surgery by myself! Not fun! I have contacted 2 women on this site close to me and no response! Maybe the age thing! Anyway, don't give up!

w30bob

Abe........I think that's Zoosk.com, not Zoosh.com. I know, I know......you're too busy chasing away the hotties to worry about the details!

:O)

Later,

Bob

Hermit

Your right, Bob! You spelled it wrong! Not fun getting old!

Tickpol

You aren't old, you're bereft of youth (thank you Monty Python).

Dave

Past Member

Honest Abe, going off topic, but I'm liking your attitude and use of exclamation points, be a great mate for Elaine I reckon! :-)

nbsp

Jordan0001

There are many examples around when people met on the internet, created families, had children and live happily.

tiff041

Hi Bob, Tiffany here. Truer words were never spoken.

Charlyne

Afraid to venture there

Xerxes
Reply to w30bob

Bob,

No, you are thinking of Sidney Fields, the landlord of Abbott and Costello from the comedy series in the 50s.

Xerxes