Hollister 18104 Bags: Thinner and Transparent - Any Feedback?

Replies
Views
GraphX12

Hi lovely,

I use the same wafer with the new thinner bags as I did with the thicker ones so I can rule this out in my case. After my last change (both wafer and bag), I took a nap. When I woke up, the odor was so strong I was certain I had a leak. Checked everything with no leak to be found.

From what I understand, there is a difference in output between a colostomy and an ileostomy – in frequency and consistency. Also, my diet hasn't changed at all since the new bags have come out.

w30bob

Hi Graph,

Being short-gutted, I don't have to deal with the odor issue, as my output isn't in me long enough to ferment, so I'm not much use on that subject. But have you tried Hollister's fully opaque bag? That material hasn't changed.

Regards,

Bob

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,669 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

I have Convatec Natura, and yes, they changed too. The bags are much thinner now, and the flanges got changed to an off-square shape. So now I need to cut off the corner, as it will stick to my scar and pull. No warning, it just arrived, but they're fine now. It's been years. Cost cutting, I'm guessing!