Clips?

Replies
Views
elli bean

I use Sensura bags with the Velcro closure and this is ideal, however I plan to get reusable bags because they're more cost-effective. I'm wondering, is there a discreet and easy-to-operate type of clip that I could use?

Pinky
Hi Elli Bean - I hate all clips. They're heavy compared to the Velcro fasteners.

I think a while back Mild Mannered Superhero suggested the flushable liners made in Canada and sold under the name ColoMajic. The fellow who invented them used to sell them himself, but now I see them in catalogs like Edgepark's. They are very cost-effective and allow you to wear a closed-end pouch for days on end. They work amazingly well with Convatec products - don't know about Coloplast - but I do know they don't work well with Hollister (not a tight enough seal at least on the New Image and odor passes out of the pouch).

I read your profile. Are you certain you are only 20? You have an enormous amount of wisdom for such a young 'un. You remind me very much of my daughter who is 24 and lives in San Francisco.

Good luck with your new little family-to-be!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

I see this thinking quite often. Now I don't know your situation, but I will add my thoughts and hope I don't offend you (or anyone else).
Your appliance and everything associated with it is your lifeline to a normal, happy, stress-free life.
Think like this just for a moment...if you were rock climbing high in the mountains....would you want the cheapest (most cost-effective) rope?? How about skydiving....er...got a really cheap parachute? Mate?? I don't think so.
My point is...get the best product for your need...don't look at cost...but performance.
Ruined clothes, fear of public places, missing fun while you worry about your appliance's security is a poor replacement for a few dollars.
Life is short, you don't get any "do overs".... you can cut back something else maybe...
Get the product that works best....enjoy life.................peace all.
Past Member

I was given Hollister Valco closed bags from the hospital and don't know if there are any others in my country. I found that going to the bathroom and lowering clothing sometimes opens the closure on the bag. I now put a clip on the end. We call them bulldog clips; they are for use with paper. It looks like the one in the Google ad. It is a very small one; the bag doesn't open that way.

lexus1

Ya, I use a clip for sure; I had just one issue out in public with the clip failing...(of course I had shorts on too...) I think I notice the clip through my yoga-type pants more than anyone else., but I don't trust the Velcro-type closures after a few outdoor embarrassments out with friends. Use what works for you and save money on other things, nothing is worth more to me than assurance. Gentle hugs from Lex.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
mooza

So sad to hear people have to buy pouches. I thought in Canada they were free. The Sensura open-ended have never let me down ever (oh sorry, I am not shouting). Just forgot to use my brain. If I could get pouches for you, I would. I am donating 6 of my Alterna Coloplast back to my stoma nurse. Sensura is the best for me. Never heard of reusable or anything. We get a monthly allowance of 90 or 60 or 30 pouches every month. They are supplied (I am a volunteer there). COD for overseas post? Anyone? I could get you anything from powder to underwear for hernias. Whatever we want in moderation. So sorry for people in this situation. Super is right. OK, Coda. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Mooza.

Bubbles2010
I use Sensura pouches and I go through very few because I don't change them very often. I don't know how often you are switching out your bag, but have you tried rinsing it out and letting it dry? I usually only change the pouch when I change the flange or when I need to go from transparent to opaque for swimming. I'm in the US and my insurance covers my products 100%, but I've never gotten close to my allotment since I use them sparingly. Flanges are a whole other story.

Even if you have to change your flange, if the bag looks like it hasn't been worn out too much, it could also be worn an extra day. Of course, if you have filters I'm probably sounding crazy right now, huh? I can't use filters because my output is way too liquidy. Filtered bags cost more, too, don't they? Good luck!