Humira Injections

In this discussion
Replies
Views
WAGSAM

Is anyone taking Humira injections? If you are, did you notice the container they send you to mail it back? It was so huge the postman came with it on a dolly. I didn't accept it. There is no way I can put that in my car and take it to the mailbox. I have complained to "My Humira" three times and they say I am the only complaint they have.
Please let me know what you are doing with the used injections and if you called them recently.
Thanks,
Wendy

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

budd002

Are you referring to the used pen injectors? I just take my container to the pharmacy and they dispose of them and give me an empty container. I don't mail anything back to Humira... My container is small...???

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
WAGSAM

Thanks, maybe I will try that or bring it to my doctor's office. Yes, it's the pen.

Past Member

I have used the Humira pens for over 3 years. Abbott Pharmacy, who makes Humira, has always sent me a smaller container; since this past January, they have sent me a really huge box with 2 containers in it; such a waste.

Also, our local St. Vincent dePaul now accepts styrofoam, so at least I can recycle those huge wasteful boxes that the 2 pens come in.

Have those of you injecting Humira had an elevated cholesterol level? I have, and it started in 2009 after being on that med for a year; it happened again a couple of months ago.

My husband, who is a doc, said no way you have an elevated level, so I emailed the company and the nurse called me and said that during the trial, 6% of the people tested had an elevated level.

Just an FYI; take care!!

WAGSAM
DUCKY,
Please do me a favor and call 1-800-MY HUMIRA and tell them about the boxes. I have complained 3 times and they still can't get it right. It seems in January, they changed suppliers. I asked them if they ever saw what they are now sending patients and they said no. They make it seem as if I am the only one who complained about it. I have been on it for about 4 years also but my cholesterol was always high so I take meds for it. I can't tell if it's from the HUMIRA. Please let me know if you call them.
Thanks,
WAGSAM

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister