Coloplast Brava Strip Paste: A Game-Changer for Ileostomy Leak Prevention

Replies
Views
davy26
Jun 12, 2023 7:12 am

Since having an ileostomy (emergency surgery with loss of most of the small bowel) in 2015, I have experienced seepage/leaks from time to time and never became really confident when out and about. Recently, I was recommended to try Brava Strip Paste (2655) and this has proven extremely effective for me. I wind the strip close around the stoma, forming an ultra snug collar, and then apply a 76 mm diameter Coloplast Seal (12032) over the top. (I use a Hollister Moderma Flex bag (5691038)). So far, each and every time I take off, there is absolutely no seepage at all. Happiness!

Justbreathe
Jun 12, 2023 2:36 pm

Yay - love it when someone finds and reports a product they have had success in using - thanks for sharing.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,856 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

IGGIE
Jun 15, 2023 2:42 pm

You have to do what works for you, my friend. Well done. Have a good day. Regards, Iggie.

Grumpy
Jul 13, 2023 10:41 am

I found the same with the paste. Just remember with paste that if a little works, then more is too much.