Effectiveness of Skin Barrier Sheets in Hot Weather

Replies
Views
krkb01

So I've noticed, that when it's very hot out, skin barrier sheets are next to useless! Lol the wipes however work amazing. That is all....

Beth22

Have you noticed with the skin barrier sheets, they feel heavy, or is that just me?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,531 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

Why are you guys wearing skin barrier sheets? Issues with adhesion or skin not liking your ostomy products?

I tried them as a way to give my skin a break from being in contact with the adhesives in my barrier, but didn't think people used them full-time.

:o)

Beth22
Reply to w30bob

I don't use them full time. I have worn them in the past with my first stoma, and I didn't like it because it felt so damn heavy, like it was gonna fall off, and they are way too thick.

krkb01
Reply to Beth22

I found Hollister #8900 to be fairly light. And actually makes everything seem more secure. But during all the heat and humidity, they are useless, as they don't stick very well.

But the skin barrier that you use the little wipes for, work great, even makes your skin sticker so your flange sticks better.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Beth22
Reply to krkb01

Hi there. I am sorry. I thought you were talking about the skin barrier sheets. Lol. Oh my, I'm sorry about that. Haha. Those are what I meant by saying feels heavy. Lol. As far as the wafer goes, those don't feel heavy. Have you tried other brands besides Hollister?

krkb01
Reply to Beth22

No, I've only used Hollister. Mainly the drainable opaque bag #18183 and the flange #12403.

Beth22
Reply to krkb01

If you're having issues with Hollister, I would suggest calling other brands and getting a sample to give them a try and see if they work for you.