5 Years Post-Surgery: Open to Discuss My Experience and Answer Questions

Replies
Views
Freepizza

Hi everybody, 5 years from the surgery I've been through it all.
This is the first time I'm actually talking to anybody who is like me since the beginning of this, I'm open to any question.

Past Member

Glad you decided to put yourself out there. That's called "courage." There are some really great people on this website who will encourage, support you, and answer any questions you may have. Some ostomy differences, but we're "all in the same boat" here. So, "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" with our second chance at having a wonderful life. Stay strong, you're going to be just finešŸ‘.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,599 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Beachboy

Howdy Gene,

Nice to hear from you. We would all benefit from hearing your story. For different reasons, everyone here has an ostomy, or had a reversal. Everyone's story is unique with ups and downs. It's good to talk about it.

infinitycastle52777

Hi Gene,

This is a great place to get ideas and advice. Everyone is friendly and I find them helpful. Most of all, it is a sense of belonging that you get from being here. It is brave of you to put yourself out there for the first time. The first post is always the hardest. It is good, though, to be around people who share your experiences. It is even good to be around people who have had different experiences. You can learn a lot either way.

Lee

TerryLT

Hi Gene,Ā  I well remember being a 'fly on the wall' for a few months before I got the courage to post something!Ā  Welcome!Ā  Lots of support and advice here and there are no stupid questions.Ā  Good to have you.

Terry

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister