Ostomy disclaimers

Replies
Views
Beachboy

We've all seen products advertised on TV, radio, magazines, billboards, and newspapers. Usually somewhere on the ad is a disclaimer. So I got to thinkin'.... About Ostomy and Stoma disclaimers.

A typical ad:

Got gut trouble? Toilets give you the heebeejeebees? Sepsis, C Diff, and peritonitis got you down? Introducing Ostomy! The "can do" solution available in three models. Colostomy, ileostomy, and Urostomy. One call does it all. Surgeons available now. Call 1-800-Stoma today.

Then the tiny print disclaimer:

"Results shown for informational purposes only. Your Ostomy might suck." Ostomys shown created by professional surgeons in a controlled hospital setting, your surgeon might suck. Don't attempt this at home. Ostomys not guaranteed to treat all conditions, some conditions, or even one condition. Reversal options at extra cost. Not available in all states or territories. Ostomy supplies available at considerable extra cost. Read all instructions before use. Your mileage may vary. Ostomy addiction, call 1-800-takedown. Shake well before serving.

eefyjig

"Your surgeon might suck." 😂

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,605 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Justbreathe

If your ostomy erection lasts more than 4 hours, it's important to seek medical attention.

Morning glory

Very witty. I like it.

Beth22

Lol 😂 Funny, I was reading this literally as one of those medicine commercials came on. Hahaha. I think you have an idea here.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
TerryLT

LOL! Love it.

infinitycastle52777

Very funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Past Member

Super funny!! It's always good to find humor especially in difficult situations 😉

Jaemac

I'll be seeing my surgeon in a week to talk about a reversal and I'm printing this off to start the appointment with laughs. Thanks for this, I love the "do not try this at home". Hahahahahahaha!

Beachboy

Hey Justbreathe,

Very good addition.

betsyb

Funniest thing I've seen yet.