Finding holes in coloplast bags

Replies
Views
Beth22

Hey for coloplast users are you guys finding holes and pin holes in your bags? The past 6 months I noticed they changed there plastic (gotten thinner) and literally every order I have gotten has either big holes or pin holes all over the bag .  I call coloplast they replace them and I send the others back but even the replacements will have holes.. Anyone else having the same issues ?

AlexT

I’d be changing brands til resolved 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,529 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

warrior

two things u never..ever wanna hear they have  pin holes in:

stoma bags.👎

condoms.👎

kittybou

Nope, but 2  like that from Hollister. Ruined 2 dresses🙀😿

IGGIE

If they know they have a problem then get them to pay for your the two dresses Kitty.  Beth change products, get samples of a few and see which is best, I have Hollister but I have never had a hole in them. Regards IGGIE

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Beth22
Reply to AlexT

Alex t I would if I could I am allergic to every other brand .. and ive been trying again  the past couple months since this issue has started. And I can't use tape borders which 90 percent of them have and then the wafers I am allergic to and the dermadhesive doesn't stay on my skin at all. So I'm pretty much sunk 

Beth22
Reply to IGGIE

Wish I could unfortunately I am super highly allergic to Hollister, and allergic to every other brand as well. Then again of course I would be the complex and complicated one lol 😆

Beth22
Reply to warrior

Ain't that the truth 🤣 

M32023

I haven’t I’m guessing a bad batch QC or something maybe try getting from different supplier? Which one do u use? I use the Sensura Mio 1 piece opaque. 

Beth22
Reply to M32023

That's what I thought the first time it happened. A replacement got sent straight from coloplast and the replacement box had to same issue, and a new replay got sent for the replacement  and still happened and another replacement and agian  and it's been happening for 6 months . I'm using the sensura mio 1 piece transparent 

Daisy2023

This has been driving me crazy. The same thing happened to me the last box I had. 3 out of 10 were bad. I didn’t notice til after I had them on though, but I was lucky and I noticed after a few drops. Talk about unfair. I went through and there was another one like that, a clean slit down the side of the bag. I use the same kind. This really sucks. I like this product. 

I would have preferred if I was alone on this one because it must mean there is a larger issue since we are in different countries and having the same issue. I thought maybe it was an isolated one. 

Beth22
Reply to Daisy2023

Right.. it has been so irritating and stressful . It keeps happening too this last month supply an entire box holes. We shouldn't have to worry about that. Did you call coloplast and have them resend you bags ? Call and tell them  maybe they will take it more seriously and realize someone somewhere isn't doing something right.