Urostomy and Horizontal Stealth Belts

Replies
Views
kenm
Jan 27, 2024 8:38 pm

Hi, does anyone out there use a horizontal Stealth Belt (or other brand of horizontal belt) with their urostomy?

Any advice or info greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ken

Bryce
Jan 27, 2024 9:48 pm

Hi Ken - I have used the Brava Belt for SenSura Mio from Coloplast for the last 12 years and can recommend it for everyday use. They can go through the wash then lay them on top of the dryer - they last a couple of years and the hooks have been improved. When I first started out, I got measured for and bought a wide hernia protection belt. It was uncomfortable, expensive, and not adjustable, plus it made me feel like some sort of trussed chicken. Best, Bryce

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,859 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

kenm
Jan 27, 2024 11:48 pm
Reply to Bryce

Thanks!

kenm
Jan 28, 2024 8:39 pm

Hi. Ken here again. I tried out my new Stealth Belt Vertical and I find that my urostomy SenSura® Mio Click pouch sticks out quite a bit below the bottom of the pouch. Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks