Bowel Movement

Replies
Views
Past Member

I have a double barrel ileostomy. Had it for 4 & a half months now. This morning I felt like I needed a bowel movement, now I know it's normal to get phantom feelings. Only I did pass a motion that was almost black, and thin. It's worried me sick since. Tho I feel fine and had no pain. Has anyone else experienced this please? To put my mind at ease 

Thanks x 

Morning glory

I haven't  experienced  this, but I  have seen a past post where the same thing came up. If your feeling fine ,no pain; don't  stress about it. Call your ostomy nurse, or Dr, if you are still worried if you don't  get answers on here. Best of wishes.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,531 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Justbreathe

Double barrel ileostomy here and ….Yep - 3-1/2 years and occasional out-butt in the form of tiny poopettes… color is baby poop yellow tho -maybe yours is residual from surgery?  Perhaps you should just call surgeons office for clarification on color…. other osties put me at ease saying this is a form of mucus (I do hate that word - ranks right up there with phlegm).    jb

JVM261

I have an end Illiostomy since September and it happened to me once. I have a few inches of large colon left I was told it can happen and not to worry if no blood, fever, etc. But yes call your doctors to double check.

Beth22

Call your doctor 

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member
Reply to Morning glory

I did call them yes. They weren't concerned. Said it's residual phew 

IGGIE
Reply to Anonymous

G-Day Nikki,  If it's black it is probably old blood from the operation just working it's way out. Old blood goes black.  Regards IGGIE

Caz67
Reply to Justbreathe

Love the new word JB poopette XX 

w30bob
Reply to IGGIE

As does most biological matter that's decomposing.  Think compost pile! 

;O)