ConvaTec - Less Uncertainty More Flexibility
ConvaTec - Join Me+ Now
ConvaTec - Me+ Join Today
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Join Me+ Now
Advertisement
ConvaTec - request sample
Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate
The best place to meet and talk to other OstoMates with 17,423 Members.

Advice for pain

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:00 pm
I have had a complete colostomy completed in April of 2010.  Since than I have been taking dilodid to help aleviate the pain that I feel in my abdomin.  My gastro says it is because of the Cohrones and when it acts up, it decreases the size of my small intestine to pass anything.  I know that dilodid doesn't hurt any organs, but it is a pain in the ass to take it all the time.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to help aleviate abdomin pain from Cohrones without the use of narcotics?
Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:37 pm
I have an ileostomy but I find what helps is diet and lots of fluid.  I also try and exercise as often as possible.  Pain is not a good thing, trust me I know I have suffered with sever Crohn's disease my whole life and will continue forever more.  Meditation might be something you might want to look into also...
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:45 am
Thanks Santabelle.  I will try to incorporate more excersise into my routine.  As far as diet is concerned, it is so hard to figure out the right diet that I need for my Cohrones.  Currently, I would like to completely clean my self out and start fresh, but what do you take when you have no colon or rectum!
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:21 pm
Hiya - the only thing that I can think may help would be Buscopan (Hyoscine), an anti-spasmodic which does work pretty well when cramping etc, or the other thing worth googling perhaps is LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) and it's use in Crohn's disease.

Hope that info is of some use, and you can manage to reduce your pain!

Rach xxxx
  Past Member
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:36 am
Has anyone tried medical marijuana?  Does it help? Is it available in other countries - legally? Several states have legalized it but I don't know anything about the specifics.  I have also wondered about growing it for personal medical use.  Are there permits for such things.  

My pain is from causes other than ostomy. I am interested in pain relief without resorting to narcotics.  Narcotics slow the gut and cause constipation so I doubt significant relif without creating output problems.

I would like to hear about what has helped with pain for other people.  If my grandmother were still around, I would ask about folk medications.

dawneagle
  Past Member
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:54 am
Medicinal canibus

I just found this topic on Tips
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.