Guns

In this discussion
Replies
Views
WOUNDED DOE
for some reason i am seeing the ending scene from the first quot;terminator quot; movie........ quot;your terminated quot;

i have no doubts you`d get your point across doe, good for you.   nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;

I would have absolutely NO problem pulling the trigger...he'd be done.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,105 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

WOUNDED DOE
Bill......GREAT post! ...and hi, nice to meet you. You have reminded me of a segment done on, I THINK it was the News program called "60 Minutes" many years ago, where they spoke of this topic and discovered that in The States where people were more heavilly, legally, toting guns there was actually lower crime rate...(at least at that time, I would love to know if that fact is still true) .......that blew even MY mind.....but a few things in your post reminded me of their investigations and the story they did on the subject.....it seems criminals are often far less likely to get too daring when they know they are in a place where people are able to smoke 'em out if they dare pull any crap..............they spoke of lower crime rates from everything to robbery and assult to car theft, rape and home invasion etc.......there was far less of that going on.....

I have been thinking about that, and it does make some sense.......and criminals do access their situations and opportunites and go for what they believe to be easy targets usually......'attitude' as you've mentioned really is a great 'energy' to make certain you have in certain situations to make any suspicious person or threat think twice about trying anything risky with you..... attitude is a great first weapon and defensive 'warning' for anyone who might want to try something violent with you......but one must learn to conjure the strength to not only project that attitude, but be able to back it up.

I am a gun owner, an ex Knife-Thrower, Sword Fighter and Bull Whip Artist and a bit wicked with each 'hobby' and I tend to have 'items' on me that may or may not be acceptable at times BUT I am comfortable, confident and have many years of precision skills with each 'item' that might be on me.............but it all starts with your brain......quick thinking and good observation of other people around you IS indeed very important............and one must think like a wolf in certain situations, be clever and cautious but absolutely show no fear of another person if confronted.

I have told a few friends in the past, that if they were uncomfortable with knives or guns to at the very least purchase some Pepper Spray and carry it handy (NOT at the bottom of your purse where you have to dig for it!) there are many ways to cleverly carry protective items....but again stressing attitude.....if you do not maintain attitude or if your fear gets the best of you, any protection you are carrying, if you hesitate to use it, might do you little good..........again, GREAT post.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
KennyT
I always appreciate others opinion and I actually love everyone here, although it may not seem to be the case at times due to my nature when I post. I attempt to not alienate people and I am not being personal when I disagree with postings. It is not personal.

I still believe and always will that guns are a bad thing for society. I get the idea of self safety and preservation but it appears to me that even if someone had a gun on that island still plenty would be killed. Only because some fool had hold of a gun. He could not have killed that many with his bare hands or even a knife. It would have only stopped if someone had a gun in their hand early in his rampage. And why would those people have a gun on them anyway? They were peace loving people.

Disgrace. Oh and the bombs killed 7 but the shooting killed massive amounts.
WOUNDED DOE
Hi Kenny ....yeah, I understand what you are saying and how you are feeling...I truly do...and you always bring up some very important topics and opinions......and you are right what happened IS a monsterous disgrace, no doubt about it and it has deeply affected a lot of us.....you are my friend bro and you walk a very peaceful path and that is much to be admired and respected, that is the bigger vibe behind your post and expressing your feelings. ......and as for me, I am neither Devil nor Angel but something that walks inbetween and our friendship is solid.....what happened on that island makes me absolutely ill.......I have a bit of a protective warrior spirit in me, all I could think of is how much I wish I could have been there to wipe HIM out before the slaughter of so many peaceful innocent people....... there are those who carry a gun who are horrific monsters, and there are those who carry a gun who do so to protect themselves and others from those monsters.....

Much love to you bro........you're a good soul........xoxo
mooza
Thanx G you got my back xxxx mooza .....

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
KennyT
Love ya always no matter what dude.
WOUNDED DOE

...ditto
mild_mannered_super_hero

ok guys....think its time for a group hug then!!! lol
KennyT
Ah that feels good MMSH.
Gus
WET WILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEEHEEHEE HAAHAA...WOOOOOOOOOO
mild_mannered_super_hero

errrr...we`re talking manly men type hugs..right... not broke back mountian type hugs....lol..sorry but i couldnt resist kt
peace dude...
KennyT
I am not gay but my best friend worries me MMSH. When I was kissing him goodnight the other night he closed his eyes. (No offence intended to anyone here)
Past Member
Ken,

Don't take it so hard, Nogutz really took me to task some time ago on one of my posts.

Really got my goat, but was funny.
DonBrown1943

Wounded Doe, you are some kind of lady! I wish I could know you more closely. Would love to spend some time with you at the range or just in the back yard with some throwing knives or a whip. My dad drove a team of 12 miles pulling a road grader when he helped build roads in Southeast Oklahoma in the 1920's and 1930's and he taught me a little about whips, knives, and adds. I took classes on the guns and taught myself. I am also a peace-loving person but I always have a 9mm or a .45 Long Colt with me. I know I could pull the trigger but thank God I never had to. I have uncles, brothers, and nephews who were and are combat veterans. I might have been but poor health rendered me ineligible. There is nothing that stops me from defending my wife or family, however.