Alser -> Laser

In this discussion
Replies
Views
billie1978

Hello all, little info. I have a permanent ileostomy due to UC. My question is this: right next to my stoma, I have a big and deep open ulcer. My question is, does anyone know of anything I can do besides what I'm already doing? That is, wash the area with warm water, then I also use a squirt thing and squirt with water three times. Then I dry with a hair dryer, then I put a small piece of something like cotton that the ostomy nurse gave me. Then I cut a small Eakin seal over the piece of stuff I got at ER from an ostomy nurse. Then I'll apply my bag on top of that. Even with me doing this, the ulcer is getting deeper and wider. I already went to see a surgeon; he said keep doing what I'm doing, then in three weeks come back and see him. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Billie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,102 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

nogutz
Hi Billie

I once had ulcers around my stoma and an ET nurse had given me a referral to a dermatologist that specializes in this area. The doctor did a few tests and prescribed me some ointment, and it is all cleared up. It was very bad, had nurses coming in every other day. I had all the dressings for the wound too. Try to talk to your family doctor to get a referral. Good luck.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate