Stoma and BM's

Replies
Views
caaan7

I'm not quite sure how to word this but here goes: when I first came home after having my colonoscopy, my output was more like a regular BM. Now it's almost 6 months later and it's much softer than before. I'm trying to lose weight prior to my reversal and am eating a lot of fruit and vegetables. Since that's the only thing that's changed in the last 2 weeks, I guess that's the problem. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do? Between the stoma, a problem at the incision area below the navel that's still not healed, and a hernia, I'm almost looking forward to the reversal, but wonder what Pandora's box will have in store for me.

banshie3by5

If all the fiber in the fruit is loosening you up, how about balancing it with a clogger like cheese? Maybe that's why European diets have fruit and cheese together?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,320 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.