Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,338 members

How do I afford my supplies?

Posted by keysgirl, on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:57 am
bluang77,

I have a few samples that are 1 3/4 (wrong size for me) and a few others that can be cut to size.  I will send them to you if you leave me your contact info in a message.  I'm not a full member so I can receive messages but not reply.  Let me know if you need any stoma powder or paste.  Check out ostogroup.com.  I used them once and it cost a lot less.

Everyone, you should check out Colo-majic Flushable Liners.  You can google and find several distributers. They cost about $65 for 300 liners.  I purchased mine from C&M Ostomy Supplies because they cost $63 which includes shipping cost. They are a miracle for me. One pouch can last several days when using the liners.  No more draining, squeezing, or dirty, leaky, smelly filters.  I have a colonoscopy, but I've read you can also use them with ileostomies.  I'm thinking it will also help those of you with ileostomies with the leaking, adhesion, and skin problems because the stool will never touch the skin barrier thing or your skin.  It all goes into the liner. I know I probable sound like an informercial, but I am very happy with the results.  They'll save you lots of money and peace of mind. At least get samples from all the distributers.

Live well...
GT
Reply by GT, on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:25 pm
I would like to suggest the OstoStore.com.   The prices are wholesale.  The selection is limited, but if you don't see what need, you can get a quote by sending an email.  Reponse time is usually a few minutes.  I doubt you will find lower prices other than from a charity group like the one mentioned above.

Good luck
Reply by junopete, on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:36 am
Bluangl77

I will send you 20 Convatec #413182,  1-1/8 stoma, 1-3/4 ring size these are convex wafers. I will include 20 Convatec bags that fit the 1-3/4 ring wafer these bags can be either high out put drainable or roll up, your choice. I will also send 20 Eakin seals.  One Hollister belt. One tube Convatec Stomahesive. Also 50 REMOVE, adhesive remover wipes.
All for no cost, I will also pay shipping.  Get me your address, they will be on the way.

Rick.....
Reply by junopete, on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:40 am
Andyangiet,

what size do you wear as far as stoma size.  also are you flat or convex wafer.

with a little luck I may some of your size.  Almost all of my stuff is Convatec.

If i have anything that will help it is free.

Rick.....
Reply by andyangiet, on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:22 pm
I want to say thanks for all the concern from everybody!! I had called Coloplast and they sent me some samples of some new wafers and that were less expensive. They work great right know and hope they will continue to work. I also cause a big fuss with my insurance company and got them to pay a little more and so that turned out good. I have just got out of the hospital so that is why it took me so long to get back to everyone. It is good to be home, a few months in a hospital is no fun. I just wanted to let everyone know how much it meant to me that so many care. It is nice to have people who deal with the same stuff and have to go through the every day stuff I do. My husband doesn't understand what I have to go through and can't understand what I mean. He tries but it is still hard for him even after 6 years.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:02 pm
One option would be to contact the supplier and see if they have a patient assistance program. i was able to do this thru Convatec the year my ins decided they were not going to cover ostomy supplies. They base it on annual income level. it was well worth the paperwork that had to be filed out.Call around to more than one supplier.good luck!
Reply by The Irish, on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:54 pm
I'm so sorry to hear, I too am having this problem and have thought about robbing an ostomy supply place numerous times but I haven't the guts for it haha but seriously get in contact with all the supply companies that make what you need, most understand your situation and will give you supplies for up to 6 months so you get two companies your taken care of for the year, call Converted and Hollister both been great with me, I'm sorry to hear about your insurance company I'm sure they can't do that but who know they change the rules on us in the middle of the game ass munchies anyway give them a call good luck and hang in their, let us know what happens.
Reply by weewee, on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:28 pm
allegromedical.com  is what I used to get my supplies from they weren't bad in prices for my supplies know since mine is a permanent one being w veteran I get my supplies that way
Reply by The Irish, on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:38 am
I would be forever in your karma debt if you had any 1-3/4 flanges and pouches to go with them I'm using spray on adhesive and duct tape at the moment and the adhesive packs one hell of a sting. I have been doing everything I can to get my supplies for the last 7 years, I lost my job, insurance, and now live next door to a chicken ***. So life hasn't gotten to bad. But yea if you have any extra still please do get a hold of me, and thank you so much.
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.