Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,328 members

General chat room

Past Member
Posted by Past Member, on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:55 pm
Hey, the reason why I decided to create a profile on this site is that ostomy chat rooms are scarce and I didn't just want to post diary entries and send messages, I wanted a place where I could talk to anyone within the ostomy world at any time - day and night. The transaction between a 'normal' person and an ostimate can be challenging, I believe being able to 'talk' to someone at will who understands can make a difference in every way. I'm just wondering why people don't use the chatroom?
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:05 pm
Daisyy , a lot of people are shy and don't know how to communicate or enter act with others of there own kind , any time I see you on line , I will drop in chat with you about yours or my osteomy any time . vinny
Reply by Bill, on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:37 am
Hello daisyy. The chatroom issue is a subject that has come up many times. There seem to be a variety of reasons why people don't use it as often as one would think they might. I have looked on there many times to find that I'm on my own. Occasionally there are people online and I have enjoyed conversations with them even though I am not very good at keeping up with the typing. I sometimes think that timing must have something to do with it as some of the chatters are on the other side of the world and are probably sleeping at the times that I have available to chat. This tends to be so with my own family as well so it's not just relevant to this site. Also, there are many times that I have logged on and felt that I do not have the available time to get into a prolonged 'live' conversation once I have read and replied to some of the blogs and forum entries.
  I am not far away from you in Hitchin so I'll try to look out for when you're online.
Best wishes  Bill
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:15 am
Hey,

As you can see, I am pretty good with rabbiting lol I'm not so good at recognising that others may not be aha thank you for your replies I appreciate them.well you guys look out for me.. I'm usually on from 9:30/10:00 pm time, hopefully that's not too late for you.. I'll be lurking there in general chat. If I don't reply immediately then I am watching some hospital programme on BBC IPlayer, but I will reply when I loose connection for a second or something which is often! I'll keep checking. Lol
Reply by Bill, on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:02 am
Hello Daisyy, I'm usually on here first thing in the morning about 07;00hrs- 08;00hrs but occasionally I get on in the late evenings but it is more difficult as that's the time I irrigate.
Best wishes
Bill
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:04 am
Just as well I'm here now isn't it lol
Reply by Mrs.A, on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:59 pm
Don't forget some of us do work outside the home so after a long day there, and getting supper ready, cooked and eaten, for me its Ostomate time!

Some folks even have children to tend to as well.  

I try to be on at least once during the week and once on Saturdays, usually in the evening.
Then again, the weather is starting to get warmer so that might have something to do with it as well.
Reply by Londonw9, on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:37 pm
Where is this chat room you speak of?  [confused smiley here!]
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:39 pm
Go on the homepage and near the top in the centre you will see it says general chatroom.. Click on it
Reply by gordonc, on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:13 am
Daisy, I am with you, I come into the chatroom most days, but usually find I am talking to myself ( I do that quite a lot anyway). I am UK based and would like to be able to chat with other people with ostomies, Unfortunatly I am not a fully paid up member and cant leave an email address for anyone to contact me, which is a shame as I would happily chat and exchange emails.

be safe

Gordon
Reply by sweede, on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:03 pm
I'm in the chat room now if anyone is up for a chat (7:02pm)
Reply by Mrs.A, on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:59 pm
Hi Sweede,
I tried to enter the chat and it gave me a message that said too many trying to access, try again later!
Reply by Mrs.A, on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:01 pm
Hey gordonc,
Try posting when you think you would be there~Sweede just did and I tried to get in but it wouldn't let me ! ! !
Maybe it will later as it said to try again.
Reply by sweede, on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:11 pm
In the chat room if any one is up for a chat (10:10pm GMT)
Reply by sweede, on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:58 pm
The chat room kinda sucks huh, it keeps freezing all the time, what goin on lol
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.