Unusual Sensation in Anal Area - Any Similar Experiences?

Replies
Views
canyon home

After three years since being diagnosed with colorectal cancer and having a resection, I'm still feeling really great. Except.... the area around my (non-existent) anus is lately feeling odd - not painful - but I'm more aware of it than over the last months. Has anyone experienced changes in that area - again not pain... but kind of strange.

mamawlaura

It's been two years since I had my total colon removed, including the rectum. The strangest feeling I have at times is the need to pass gas and there is no way that can happen. The sensation lasts only a few seconds, but it's sure strange. I have an ileostomy, and it will let me know if there is any gas wanting out... LOL

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,467 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Monsieur Le President

It's well documented that people feel phantom pains - sensations in an amputated limb.
Your arse is just the same.

canyon home

Well, that's reassuring.... I was thinking scar tissue maybe or hemorrhoids.

DH

Hi Canyon, it's been almost 2 years since I had my rectum and anus removed and I get weird sensations as well. Sometimes it feels like something is going to fall out of my back end. But of course, that would be impossible. It could be phantom feelings, but my doc says it could be the muscles shifting around in there. I notice a lot of people on here who have had the anal/rectal area removed complain of the same thing. So I am guessing this is normal.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
mamawlaura

Thanks for reminding me of phantom sensations. I think that is my strange feeling of wanting to pass gas, with no rectum!! It's still a funny and strange feeling.