Looking for affordable stoma guard for teenage son

Replies
Views
Brucefam4

Hi - I am looking for a reasonably priced stoma guard (for ileostomy) for my teenage son. All I have found were in the $150 or more range. Has anyone found any cheaper?

He works on the farm, putting in hay and things like that. It's been a year since he has had it and he's getting back into "normal" summer activities. There are times I would feel better if it were protected a little bit.

Thanks!

Past Member

I've been using this one and love it!

http://www.ostomyresolutions.com/

It's saved my stoma from several hard knocks already and you use it with a small ostomy belt, not one of those huge belts I've seen on other products.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,473 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

I have a stoma guard that my husband is not using, which you can have (for free). It is called AustoMate and is made in Australia. It has a 5-inch diameter hard shell with a 'cut-out' for the pouch and has a belt attached (with Velcro). I have the 'small belt' version (22-31 inches waist), but with Velcro, you can make it longer if needed. It used to be sold by Edgepark, but I don't know if they carry it anymore. You can look it up online for more information.

m63c

Cat lover, if Bruce doesn't want it, I will be happy to take it off your hands. I will gladly reimburse you for shipping costs. Thanks,

Matt

Penguins7

Hi Brucefam4, I am bringing a reasonably priced one to market this fall. I am applying for a patent and have worn the prototype for several months, and it works great. It is low profile/lightweight and does not require a belt. It will probably be priced for less than $40. Penguins7

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

I have not heard from Bruce about the AustoMate stoma guard and would be happy to send it to you. Just need name and address to do so, but as you're not allowed to post contact information on this site, I don't know how to accomplish this!

m63c

Catlover006,

I sent you a PM. It should be in your inbox. Thanks,

Matt

GraphX12

Penguins7: What is the status on your stoma guard? I would be interested in getting more info on it.

Doug

Gileo

Penguins7, do you have some information I can review?

Gileo

Penguins7

Gileo,

Sorry, no info at this time.

Penguins7

GraphX12

Penguin7: Are you still moving forward with this product? Or is it "dead in the water"? I ask since I am in the market for a guard and have been holding off until I see more info on yours. Thanks!

Penguins7

Hey Graph, it is still moving but will be awhile as I have to apply for a patent. Not sure on timing. Take care. Penguins7