Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,247 members

Laxative

Posted by chicki, on Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:10 pm

What kind of laxative can I take, when I feel the need

Reply by Diceman, on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:55 pm

Chicki I take Walmart brand stool softer gel caps along with my Dibaties meds they both do the trick.

But at times I need some thing else. I drink some deit soda that has Asperntain or I keep a little box of Ice teat packets with Asperntain in it  mix ir in a bottle of water and drink about a half and it does make mt stool soft to come out.

And I drink a lot of water too.

Diceman (Skip)

Reply by WOUNDED DOE, on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:44 am

You will get lots of good advice no doubt dear Smile ...but also be sure to inquire with your Doctor or Ostomy Nurse with this and go about that carefully....we all have a tendency to dehydrate quickly so whatever you choose make sure you continue to drink lots of water while doing so....take care! Smile

~DOE

Reply by alaskajade, on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:57 pm

Take a PEG laxative, like Restoralax or Lax a Day. It works like a dream... I should know I take it every day for breakfast. I've researched the laxitive with the docs and the drugist. They all agree the laxitives with PEG are the best.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.