Injuries

Replies
Views
Charleston man

Hi folks,

How many of you folks with an ileostomy and/or colostomy or even a urostomy have actually injured your ostomy? And how did you injure it? Was it by a seat belt in the car? Or running into something? And how many use any type of ostomy cover? I have a Somta Plex cover and do use it from time to time. But I never use anything to cover my stoma other than my pants and, of course, my bag. Just curious. Thanks.

Mrs.A

Hello Charleston guy,

I haven't injured my stoma as of yet and sure hope none of us ever do. I have been considering a guard but haven't put forth the money as of yet. This is a link of the one I am considering: http://www.ostomyresolutions.com/#!productdetail/ci1q

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ba

Mrs. A......I have the ostomy resolutions guard and do recommend it. It protects the stoma without blocking flow. It fits tightly over the barrier opening, helping to keep things in place while helping to prevent leaks. You will need a belt to hold it in place.

Mrs.A

Thank you Ba for your reply. Was it easy for you to get the right size? I know they will send three sizes and I hope I get the right one. I intend on calling and talking to a rep to be sure. Now the belt, I would rather not wear one, and their site says you don't need one, but where did you purchase yours and does it stay flat against your body or does it tend to curl? Would you recommend a wider belt or just the thin one I have seen on different sites.