Bleeding from Stoma

Replies
Views
fishkeeper

I am bleeding from underneath the stoma. The skin underneath has separated and bleeds when I change the bag and other times. It separated a bit when they first did the op but now it is getting worse and just lately bleeding more. Do I need to go and see my stoma nurse or GP? Any advice, please.

Primeboy

Hi Fishkeeper. I have always had a little bleeding around the perimeter of my stoma. When changing bags, I apply Stomahesive powder to where the skin meets the stoma and then I slap on the flange. I usually change about twice a week but I will do so more frequently if I feel any irritation around the stoma. When there is irritation, there might be more bleeding. There's no harm in checking with your stoma nurse or GP especially if your bleeding gets worse, but I would suggest looking into the powder as well. Good luck!

PB

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,368 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.