Severe Side Effects from Norcos: Anyone Else?

Replies
Views
Irjosh

Norcos make me sick. Bad. Anyone else feel this way?

Immarsh

Hi, I'm Marsha, and I am having a bit of insomnia tonight, so I'm catching up on the site. I've had my ileostomy for more than 50 years, since I was 15, and I'm now 67.....I got through High School, dating, socializing, marriage, having children, divorced...and back to dating again, for the last 20 years.

I've read most of your posts, and it sounds like you're making the necessary adjustments to life with a colostomy. Some things are never going to be perfect.....but I'll choose my ostomy and life over what would have been the alternative.

Try to be positive and make the best of the situation you have. Many others are struggling too, and your posts help them find their way.

Thanks for sharing.....even the tears....Sometimes, we all need to wallow and find the support others offer.

Best of luck to you.

Marsha

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,484 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Everyone responds differently to medications. I've had a good response with Norco. My problem is that I can never find anyone to prescribe it.

Irjosh

I'm trying to get right. I drink too much. Want my bag off. But drink too much.

Irjosh

Can't stop drinking

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Irjosh

Help

Bettyjoe

Yes, this situation is not easy. I came home after my surgery almost three months ago. I had it all removed (colon, rectum, and sphincter muscle). I'm a bad speller, anyhow, I returned to work today. It was difficult, I still feel a lot of discomfort when I sit and my abdomen area is also painful today. I couldn't make the eight hours because I was overwhelmed, so I called it a day and came home. Any insight for those who went back to work after surgery?

letsrock

That surgery is not fun, and the recovery can be difficult. I started walking as soon as possible and kept it up. It's a slow process, but it will get better with time. Stay active and know your limits...try starting with half days if possible and build up to a full day. Hope this is helpful.

HarleyDoll

What is Norco?

HarleyDoll

Yes, you can. Millions of people have done it. You can! Start believing in yourself. Alcoholism is a disease, just like what happened to your bowel/tummy. There is help, there is a cure. You have an illness, an addiction. The cure is abstinence. And you can do it. I have seen people change their lives around 180 degrees. Is it easy? Nope, not on your life is it easy. But nobody ever said life was fair.

You can do it!