Anal Pain/Burning/Itching After Low Anterior Resection

Replies
Views
Lisaf

My name is Lisa and Im 33 yrs old. I was diagnosed with stage 2 rectal cancer in January of this year. I did 5 1/2 weeks of chemo and radiation. I had my low anterior resection surgery on July 19th 2017, just a few weeks ago. I have a temporary ileostomy which I am working on getting used to. The hardest part of healing so far has been the pain in my backside. Sometimes I have a sharp pain in my anus or rectal area that subsides after like 10-15 excruciating seconds. However the worst part is the overwhelming burning and itching feeling in my anus. Is this normal? I bought a preperation H cream that im hoping will help a little but today after i took a shower I was standing Up and apolying the cream, I went a little info the anus with the cream and felt something that felt like stitches!!!!!!! Are my stitches that low? Please tell me this is normal!!! This has to be what is causing my discomfort!!!

Bill

Hello Lisaf. 

As I have replied to your second pos,t I will refer you to that for my answer to this one. ( I tend to work down the list of posts rather than earliest first!) 

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,365 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.