Colonoscopy biopsy: Mucus and watery blood after procedure?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Jay1970

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for people's experiences after a colonoscopy. I had one yesterday on the section of bowel that isn't used, and I had a biopsy. I have passed some mucus as you do, and there is a bit of watery blood in it, more mucus than blood. Has anyone experienced the same? I have no pain, abdominal hardening, or fever.

Thank you, everyone.

Jay

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,105 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

NJ Bain

Jay,

Probably a good question for anyone that has had a colonoscopy. I've had them done on my rectal stump and the bit of large intestine still intact. I have bad scarring about 3 inches in and I always end up bleeding like a stuck pig. But yes, the mucus and watery blood is normal. They also did a biopsy and I didn't feel any pain or discomfort either. I'm guessing that's where some of your bleeding is coming from.

Bain

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Jay1970

Hi there, thank you for replying.

I find people's actual experiences are more of a guideline to follow sometimes rather than the printed advice offered over here.

I have passed mucus twice this afternoon and the trace of blood is now rather diluted, so I hope over the next day or so it will clear completely.

Thank you again for your knowledge and taking the time to help me out.

Jay

NJ Bain

Jay,

You're very welcome. And yes, it will clear in a few days. As long as you're not in discomfort, everything should be fine.

Bain

Jay1970

Hi

I have no discomfort at all, but when blood passes from where it shouldn't pass, then it's always a worry.

It's been super chatting to you and I hope you are well.

Jay

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
iMacG5

Hi Jay.  You'll always find folks here who will go all the way to understand your situation and advise with wisdom.  I just wanted to add my two cents.  I had rectal bleeding after my colonoscopy which my doctor said was a result of the rectum being so damaged from radiation.  Don't know your situation but just sharing mine.

Respectfully,

Mike