ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 19,938 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,938 OstoMates.

Surgery

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:22 pm

Well hello 👋 everyone 

needs your prayers just saw my surgeon today and they decided to remove my rectum.... has anyone had this done? How long was hospital stay and recovery?

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:21 pm

Hello drfields,  I had my rectum removed when i had my colon removed.  I had terrible abcesses so it was a blessing.  No sure what your situation was with previous surgery.  My total recovery after surgery was about 5 weeks.  Good luck and stay well!  Penguins7

Advertisement
ConvaTec - Accessories
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:27 pm

Hello penguins 7..

had hysterectomy in 2015 .. damage nerves in rectum. I have a colostomy so the mucus that drains I have no control over so dr is going to sew it up.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:23 am

I too have excessive anal mucus and no control alongside spasmodic bouts of pain so I will be very interested in people's comments on the results of their rectum removal. Let us know how you get on!

Best wishes

Bill

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:51 am

Hi Bill I’ll keep you all posted 🙂

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:35 am

I'm looking at having the same done this fall, hopfully.  I get alot of mucus drainage, but for the most part can control it.  My surgeon says if I'm not going to re-connect it, I should have it taken out.  I'll be glad to have mine removed, just one less thing to worry about down the road.  Keep us posted, I've been trying to connect with whoever I can about recovery from this surgery, just so I have an idea of what to expect when my time comes.

Good luck and take care.

Sasquatch

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:52 am

I sure will🙂

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:05 pm

Hello. 

I had similar damage with my hysterectomy. I will keep you in my prayers. I had a robotic (da Vinci) hysterectomy that didn't go well. There is a Facebook page called "unplug the robot" where a bunch of us had similar experiences. Feel free to take a look and message if you feel like it and pertains to your experience. 

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:51 am

Hi, I had this done last december. My total hospital stay wa 8 days. I have heard of people having shorter stays though.

Mine was long because post surgery my Digetive tract decided to take awhile to function again.

Good Luck with the surery and recovery : )

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:09 am

Mine was the same. Total recovery was about 6 weeks for me. At about 4 weeks I was able to do for myself. 

The VERY, VERY Important part is Post Surgery and paying attention to the area. The better hygiene you have, the quicker the recovery. Listen to your Nurses as they will tell you straight how it is looking. Mine even yelled at me once. 😉

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:25 am

hello how are you? can we chat on hangout my id  waiting to hear from you 

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:38 am

Hello 👋 yes we can

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:39 am

Hello thanks 🙏 soo much for the info I will take heed.

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:50 am

Hiya

Hope you are well...

I had a permanent  colostomy just over 12 years ago at the age of 40..

Quite a shock but always remained positive to this day..

My recovery was 6 days in hospital, they ad8vised me to be off work 12 weeks..I returned after9 weeks on light duties..

Check out irritation with your surgeon. It changes your life and enables you to do anything and everything with no worry.

If you fancy asking anymore question..ask away 

Martin

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:09 am

Yes I've had the surgery done on March 19th 2018 and I'm still recovering the stay was two weeks and then I went home I got a small infection not to alarm you on my buttocks they put a draining gave me antibiotics and sent me home so maybe going home from your visit to send you home on antibiotics if need be but keep reaching out to me I know that this is a process trust me I'm so glad that you reached out it doesn't just help you it helps me

Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.