Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,177 members

Lady Gaga

Go to page: 1, 2  Next

Posted by JMC, on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:10 pm

Just for those who (like me) think Lady Gaga should have won best actress (not to mention Bradley Cooper, A Star is Born, etc)!

Never understand why the movies the public enjoy the most never get a look in (political correctness gone nuts perhaps?!).

Reply by JMC, on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:13 pm

At least they got best song category!

Last edited by JMC on Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Reply by iMacG5, on Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:55 pm

Hey JMC, they were both terrific.  It was no secret about Gaga's talent but Cooper's singing shocked me in a wonderful way.  That being stated,  Rami Malek was absolutely fantastic as Freddie Mercury.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Mike

Reply by veejay, on Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:06 am

So Jo….out of the alleged almost 20,000 members on this site, world wide, only one person has seen “A Star is Born” and liked it?

Bit hard to believe?

Could it be case of maybe there isn’t 19,800 plus members after all?

Good old iMikeG5 was right, they were both exceptional.

A singer who could act and an actor who could sing!

Maybe it’s time for a head-count of members? Yes? No?

V.J.

Reply by iMacG5, on Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:09 pm

Hey V.J., you offered something for us to think about.  I hope the head count is correct and I hope more of us get involved in the movies.  I think it's good for us to be able to leave all our crap hidden for awhile and just enjoy some good music, a movie, even some stupid junk on TV.  I consider it a blessing any time I'm not thinking about the uncomfortable stuff.  It's more than a blessing when we can share the good stuff even if our opinions differ.

Respectfully,

Mike

Reply by JMC, on Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:55 am

Hi VJ and Mike,

Thanks for the comments, I liked the Gaga clip and thought I'd share it with anyone that was interested, wasn't expecting everyone on site to respond, LOL!

I think the head count is a bit misleading, there have been plenty of scammers on here who create a membership and when and if they are booted off by admin I don't believe the membership numbers go down but stay the same.  I personally have joined and left the site several times (for reasons you know of VJ my good mate!) and I think I'm not the only one that has done this, a lot of "Past Members" on here (e.g. many posts in the Video section are from my own Past Member incarnations) and when a membership is closed or taken down, the numbers will continue to rise.

Mike, I totally agree about Rami Malek, was an amazing performance (not to mention the rest of the cast of Bohemian Rhapsody, talk about doppelgangers particularly Brian May!) and I like the fact that Rami Malek and Lucy Boynton are now an "item", honestly believe that Mary was the love of Freddie's life (sexuality aside the love of one's life doesn't have to be just romantic love after all).

Cheers,

Jo Smile

https://youtu.be/v3xwCkhmies

Last edited by JMC on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:59 pm; edited 3 times in total

Reply by veejay, on Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:09 am

mmm....very good Jo but if there is over 19,800 (and counting) members on this site, I will bare my "barbie" bottom in Bourke street.

V.J.

P.S. Although not really a Queen fan, I thought Bohemian Rhapsody was very good too.

Reply by iMacG5, on Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:42 pm

Good stuff from both of you, VJ and JMC. Now, “Baring ones ‘barbie’ bottom in Bourk St” sounds like the title of a song in the process of being written. Can’t wait to see the album cover.
Mike

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:10 pm

Hey guys, 

We just watched A Star is born this weekend! I LOVED it, as did my husband! The acting was phenomenal as well as the singing! It is out on Red box already but they announced that they were bringing it back to the theatre  for a week since it did well at the awards! I will probably go see it again just to have seen it on the big screen! Count me as another of the 19,000! 

Reply by JMC, on Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:10 pm

Hi guys,

Just regards the membership figures, I found this hilarious thread dating back to 2010 "5000 Member Office Pool" (!), started by badancer (what happened to him?, he was so funny), back when posts could go on for 9 pages or more and with so many different posters (sadly some no longer with us), well worth a look at some of our past contributors who made the site what it is today.

Enjoy! 

https://www.meetanostomate.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1892

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:33 pm

I love going back and ready old posts and looking at people’s Profile page and pictures. It is hard to decide which ones to look at so if there is and animal in the picture, I usually look at that one, if not, I look at the top left in the list that comes up! 

Puppy

Reply by veejay, on Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:28 am

Thanks Mike. 

You're right it could be the title of song. Country and western of course. "The surgeons done wrong, then my woman walked out, then lost my job, then....etc..etc". Has potential Mike!

To be truthful, it was just a bit of Australian humour that only Jo would understand. Bourke street is the main street of Australia's second biggest city, Melbourne. We have a population of 5 million (factual figures) and growing every week. The city is bulging at the seams.

Jo should really post more often. She did generate some interest. Sadly replies weren't in the thousands as I would have expected.

Can't wait till we hit that magical 20,000 membership figure. Party time in "Altered Plumbing Land"!

V.J. 

Reply by Rosiesmom, on Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:58 pm

Must admit didn’t know much about Stephanie before short video have not seen film, based on what I saw I believe your opinion.

Reply by iMacG5, on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:07 pm

Maybe we could get Bill involved for some rhyming phrases that go with this theme. We can imagine the CMA award for the year’s best song going to Veejay and Jo for their recording of “So that’s why I do the Bourke St. Barbie Butt Blues”. It could also be developed into a line dance. I wonder what it would sound like in Australian.
Mike

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:37 pm

Hahaha! Mike , you are a nut   

love it! Sign me up! 

Candy

Go to page: 1, 2  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.