Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,339 members

New Format

Posted by xnine, on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:51 am

What do think of the new format? I liked it when you could see who was logged on from the home page. There is something else wrong with it, it just does not feel right, but I do not know what it is.

Reply by Morning glory , on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:17 am

I don’t like the new format. I like seeing who is online. I was surprised this morning when I signed on. I thought something was wrong. Was anyone given notice of this change?

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:07 am

Hi, it's been like it about a week here in the uk, for me anyway.

It's  utter crap, that some officious prat of a web designer thinks is clever, can't see who's

on and rubbish to navigate.

There are better, similar, sites now on the net.

Send them a message, tell them what you think, I have, but surprise, no reply.

steve

Reply by NJ Bain, on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:12 am

I liked it better when you could see who is online too.  Sending my message now.

EDIT,

I can't seem to edit my photo descriptions either.

Bain

Sun
Reply by Sun, on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:55 am

Hi NJ Bain,

You need to log in and click “Settings” (the “cogwheel” icon), then click “Manage My Profile”. It is easy. Hope this will help. Have a great day. Smile

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:07 pm

You have to go to the chat to see who is on line and not sure if that is everyone or just the few people that post regularly! 

Not sure what that camera is for, won’t take a pic! Lol

i do not like all these advertisements popping up. It is like these people are Ostomate and they are not!wonder if they can read our posts! Feeling invaded! Lol

Puppyluv

Reply by xnine, on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:12 pm

You could also hover over a pic on the home page and see where they were from.

Reply by xnine, on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:16 pm

Camera takes you to where you can manage your photos (edit, add)

Reply by NJ Bain, on Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:43 pm

Sun,

Thank you for trying to help.  I guess I should elaborate.  When I edit a description on my photos and then press "update", the web browser just goes to a blank page and nothing gets updated.  Could be Firefox.  Haven't attempted with another browser yet.

Bain

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:40 pm

Hello N.J. Bain,

Changing browser didn't work for me either, quelle suprise .

I will try and keep my 'mouse' shut for a while, mmm.

Strange that of 100's of pics, blogs, comments et.c are Not time stamped, I

wonder how many are/were only temporary in a 'few' ways and no longer!

It would appear, to me,  this site is using pseudo dating but with originally real 'profiles' to tempt folk

to gain the site 'traffic'.

Send a message to 10 or 20 'adverts they post of folk', odds are no response.

This may mix it ...

No doubt I'll get booted, I've been kicked out of better places, some nice

folk here though.

Until the end of July, 4wk ish, everyone here should just say hello

to this blog, and say what you think, at least it may show ' living numbers'

and how you feel.

Before anyone starts, I am aware I have a choice, so do you.

Best wishes all

steve

JMC
Reply by JMC, on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:39 pm

G'day Steve, "hello to this blog"!

On my PC in the bottom right hand corner there is a small grey pop-up that states "20 online" and if I click on that box it states who is online, however this is only when I am NOT actually logged in, just offline, don't quite understand the logic in that and seems to be a privacy issue too?!

Not liking the adverts, quite annoying when you are trying to read the forum posts.

They say "a change is as good as a holiday" but in this case I would rather stay at home Smile 

Reply by Xerxes, on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:16 pm

It sux.

Xerxes

Reply by Morning glory , on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:14 am

I don’t like the advertisements either. It does make me feel like my privacy is being invaded. I also think that when you can’t see others online; feelings of isolation exists. I think it will reduce our reaching out to one another. This is totally opposite of what most of us signed up for.

Reply by panther, on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:53 pm

Bit confusing working my way round..... expcect I will get used to it maybe in another 10 years time! On laptop you will see in the bottom right handside Online Members click on that to see who's online.

Reply by xnine, on Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:44 am

It looks like you can post an event but I do not see where you can view it. There were on going events posted but gone in 2019 and no new on going events post since. I have posted some one time events but do not know if anyone even looked at them.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.