Ostomy Memories of an Italian Bird

Replies
Views
HenryM

TOOLING ALONG THE STREET, on the last leg of my morning ramble, I was enjoying the bird sounds floating down from the trees as they greeted the new day.  I’d love to learn enough to be able to identify birds from their song.  Suddenly, I heard a bird with an unusual chirp, one that I’d never heard before.  I was only about four houses from my own house, so I’m thinking that perhaps he was new to the neighborhood.  Anyway, here’s what he sounded like:  gwee-do, gwee-do, chirp, chirp.  I thought, either that bird’s Italian or he thinks that I am.  Gwee-do, gwee-do, he said again, just to make sure that I heard him right.  Unfortunately, Guido the bird must have just been migrating through, ‘cause I haven’t heard from him since, and that was about two weeks ago.  Too bad, too, since I was going to hang some linguini from the bird feeder for him.  With some nice marinara sauce.  And some Parmesan cheese sprinkled on it.  I’d like him to sing to me some more, perhaps something from Verdi.  Gwee-do, gwee-do, chirp, chirp. 

bowsprit

Ciao Bella! It is a good thing, Henry, that was a bird and not what the English sometimes call a bird. In the latter case, the pangs of separation would have struck deep if she sang so beautifully and then flew away.

Volare, oh, oh!

Cantare, oh, oh, oh, oh!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,503 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Justbreathe

Perhaps she's heard about your cooking.

AlexT

Speaking of birds, we have a bird here in Nebraska right now that has never been seen here before. It's called a Limpkin. Way out of its normal range and only one has been seen just south of Omaha this week.

HenryM
Reply to Justbreathe

Actually, I'm a pretty good cook for a guy, thank you very much.  LOL

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
TerryLT

Hi Henry, I don't know much about birdsong either, with one exception. They are members of the same family, but very different from each other, and that is crows and ravens. They are also some of the most intelligent birds. Their calls are very different, at least to my ears. My husband says he can't tell the difference, but a crow has a much more raucous, discordant sound, while the raven's call is more melodic. They could both still be described as "squawks", but I've always liked the raven's call. Interestingly, you will seldom see (or hear) ravens and crows congregating in the same area, even though they inhabit the same geography. Ravens are bigger, and I think the crows stay away when the ravens are around. I don't think there would be any contest when it comes to food, so the crows, wisely find easier pickings elsewhere. There is your Corvidae lesson for the day, for anyone who is interested!

Terry