Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
28,358 members
Next >

You are what ya drink!!!! LOL Brain Fart Moments

This is the best website for people with an Ostomy. So much understanding.

ok so it's funny now but wasn't when it happened... Read on....

As many know ya can't tolerate a nice cold drink of anything for like a week after chemo etc....so finally it was my time to indulge..

We go to gas station it hits me its slushy day for this girl. I shuffle inside really graving a grape slushy but of course no grape, I ponder all the flavors about 7 of them and finally settled on a red cherry flavored 1, see where this is going you guessed it took my time drank that sucker & went on with the day...

Few hours later dump time and noticed color was off never gave it another thought 3 dumps later redder and redder it got (blood red).. .there I am on the toliet crying calling for my hubby saying I'm I bleeding is it blood is my stoma cut & ready to rip the pouch off, he's grabbing his shoes and not calmly either full on panic mode we are about to take that dreaded trip to local ER....as the 2nd shoe goes on he stops force his foot into the last shoe bust out laughing saying (ffs) I know what's happening..... 

You drank that damn red cherry slushy and the red dye didn't process through urine....smart ass was right and there I was with tears of relief and hating  red cherry slushy for life...next time cream soda or something without color....

Hope u had a chuckle....Have a great Sunday...stay strong smile on

Ur Homie with a Stomie

Tracy

Last edited by Homie With A Stomie NS on Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

I am chuckling away here, really I am. :)

Also the part where you said about your hubby grabbing his shoes. 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. 

MeetAnOstoMate - 28,358 members

Anonymous wrote:

I am chuckling away here, really I am. :)

Also the part where you said about your hubby grabbing his shoes. 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. 

woot woo....and u can imagine it wasn't a calm grab either....would've been a great video...enjoy your day hun...

Last edited by Homie With A Stomie NS on Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Homie With A Stomie NS wrote:

woot woo....and u can imagine it wasn't a calm grab either....would've been a great video...enjoy your day hun...

Reminds me of when I had only been out of hospital a few days after one of the stoma surgeries, the Ileostomy. 

I was staying with my family. Due to me being still so weak my dad said he will go in front of me to go down the stairs that morning.

I placed my hands on his shoulders as we took one step at a time. Half way down a loud long windy noise came from the stoma. :0 My dad just stuck his arms up in the air and said ''Don't shoot''. Oh my word we laughed so much and many times after that thinking about it. :) 

Anonymous wrote:

Reminds me of when I had only been out of hospital a few days after one of the stoma surgeries, the Ileostomy. 

I was staying with my family. Due to me being still so weak my dad said he will go ...

that's hilarious 😂 😃...gotta have humor for sure....

You should get blue raspberry next time. 👍

Yes, we want a full report on all flavors and colors.  Lol 😛 

SallyK wrote:

Yes, we want a full report on all flavors and colors.  Lol 😛 

🤭🤪

AlexT wrote:

You should get blue raspberry next time. 👍

omg no way it will be like I ate squid or something stupid like that....pass 😫 

Careful with beets🤣

#beet@cherryiceelover

Cplumber wrote:

Careful with beets🤣

#beet@cherryiceelover

lol no worries about that 1 I really dislike beets 

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.