Red Cherry Slushy Mishap - A Lesson Learned!

Replies
Views
Homie With A Stomie NS

Ok, so it's funny now but wasn't when it happened... Read on....

As many know, you can't tolerate a nice cold drink of anything for like a week after chemo, etc.... So finally, it was my time to indulge...

We go to the gas station, it hits me, it's slushy day for this girl. I shuffle inside really craving a grape slushy, but of course, no grape. I ponder all the flavors, about 7 of them, and finally settled on a red cherry flavored one. See where this is going? You guessed it, took my time, drank that sucker, went on with the day...

A few hours later, dump time, and noticed the color was off. Never gave it another thought. 3 dumps later, redder and redder it got (blood red)... There I am on the toilet, crying, calling for my hubby, saying I'm bleeding, is it blood, is my stoma cut, ready to rip the pouch off. He's grabbing his shoes, and not calmly either, full-on panic mode. We are about to take that dreaded trip to the local ER... As the second shoe goes on, he stops, forces his foot into the last shoe, busts out laughing, saying (ffs) I know what's happening...

You drank that damn red cherry slushy and the red dye didn't process through urine... Smart ass was right, and there I was with tears of relief and hating red cherry slushy for life... Next time, cream soda or something without color...

Hope you had a chuckle... Have a great Sunday... Stay strong, smile on...

Your Homie with a Stomie,

Tracy

Past Member

I am chuckling away here, really I am. :)

Also, the part where you said about your hubby grabbing his shoes.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,456 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to Anonymous

Woot woo....and you can imagine it wasn't a calm grab either....would've been a great video...enjoy your day hun...

Past Member
Reply to Homie With A Stomie NS

Reminds me of when I had only been out of the hospital a few days after one of the stoma surgeries, the ileostomy.

I was staying with my family. Due to me being still so weak, my dad said he will go in front of me to go down the stairs that morning.

I placed my hands on his shoulders as we took one step at a time. Halfway down, a loud, long, windy noise came from the stoma. :0 My dad just stuck his arms up in the air and said "Don't shoot". Oh my word, we laughed so much and many times after that thinking about it. :)

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to Anonymous

That's hilarious... gotta have humor for sure....

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
AlexT

You should get blue raspberry next time.

SallyK

Yes, we want a full report on all flavors and colors. LOL

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to AlexT

OMG no way! It will be like I ate squid or something stupid like that... Pass.

Cplumber

Careful with beets

#beet@cherryiceelover

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to Cplumber

Lol, no worries about that one. I really dislike beets.