Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
27,384 members

"Stoma Shield"

Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:08 am
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

Anyone used one of these?

Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:38 am

I guess it depends upon your lifestyle.  I've gone 58 years without one and without having anything happen that caused me to wish that I had one.  But I avoided contact sports, honky tonk bars, and overly aggressive women, so... 

MeetAnOstoMate - 27,384 members
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:41 am

I use a stoma protector when I drive to protect from seat belt but have not used the stoma shield product. 

Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:50 am

I have a StomaShield. Very comfortable to wear and does protect very well. I don’t need it 99% of the time but during duck season when I wear tight chest waders, it protects very well from the waders rubbing and putting a lot of pressure on my stoma. 

Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:59 pm

Abefroman1969 wrote:

I use a stoma protector when I drive to protect from seat belt but have not used the stoma shield product. 

Great idea...Now how do you use it lol....

Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:15 pm

Homie With A Stomie NS wrote:

Great idea...Now how do you use it lol....

Attach Velcro base around appliance baseplate, place velcro plastic protector piece over stoma, done. There’s a tab of velcro that opens up base to fit over your baseplate of appliance 

Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:25 pm

The StomaShield is just an elastic belt with the shield being made out of plastic(?). Your bag fits under the shield and it doesn’t restrict any flow. I’ve never tried it but I think it’d work great for those that have their pants/belt right on their stoma. Plus, your bag would then be tucked into your pants. Doesn’t really make that big of a bump either under your shirt. 

Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:35 pm

Abefroman1969 wrote:

Attach Velcro base around appliance baseplate, place velcro plastic protector piece over stoma, done. There’s a tab of velcro that opens up base to fit over your baseplate of appliance 

thank you

Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:36 pm

AlexT wrote:

The StomaShield is just an elastic belt with the shield being made out of plastic(?). Your bag fits under the shield and it doesn’t restrict any flow. I’ve never tried it but I think it’d wor...

thank you

Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:20 pm

I mountain bike and play pickle ball. I do not use a shield, but I do wear underwear which has a “ pouch for my pouch.” Lol 

Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:13 am

Mrhanky wrote:

I mountain bike and play pickle ball. I do not use a shield, but I do wear underwear which has a “ pouch for my pouch.” Lol 

I wear the same underwear when I exercise.  Once I got used to getting into it without breaking my neck, I grew to really like it, as it supports the pouch should it fill up at all.

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.