First Blog: Winter Woes & Ostomy Questions

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses experiences and offers advice on managing ostomy-related challenges during the winter season.
mooza

Heya, this is my first ever blog. Hmmm, so my diary, right?!!!

Captions log Aug-9th - Melbourne is so cold. I'm wondering if there is medication for this bad winter weather. Ugh, I hate winter so much. And since it's nearly spring (if we even have a spring), LOLOL, today it snowed up in the Alps here. Been there, done that, fun. Yes, fall, hell yeah. Did I like it? Yes, but not at nighttime waiting to go out to bars. Hehehe, okay.....

If I can help anyone with ostomy questions, I will sure try. I'm not a doctor or a stn nurse, but I do work (volunteer) at my Ostomy Association. It might be volunteering, but really it's a way of understanding, talking to other members who are all ostomates of some sort or another. And I did and still do ask questions, like "what's that for?" and "how does that work?" and "really, you have 3? Wow!" But it is real work, taking orders from picking them to nowadays working in the office. I call that the complaints department, and I really wish our Association was fully managed and some of us actually being paid a wage. It's so much of a job, but my body isn't always willing to get me through the rostered days I go to work. And 5 hours of office work can be more than I really can handle because the volunteers pass the buck too many times. Sick of being abused even when I'm not rostered for 5 days. But the best is to hear about the great outcomes of people who like to pop in, pick up their supplies, and to all the people I have gotten to know. And each month, they are looking healthier and happier. Okay, just thought as I have tried to blog before but had no idea what I was doing until I actually looked at what to do. Sorry, I do jump all over this site and haven't followed up on who's doing what and blah blah. Reefus is having her reversal soon, so good luck to you, my FB buddy Mandy. Also, Sherrybear has been in the hospital for her hernias, then had some surgery on her leg (poor Sherrybear, she has been in the hospital for, I think, more than a month). And hoping I can finally have a chat with my buddy Boop. Loving emoticons too. Anyway, I'm outta here for now. Be good, or be good at it. Mare-Lou Mooza. Hahaha, seeya Ambies. I do miss you very much, my lil friend or taller friend. I can't recall till the au revoir. Oh, I still type way too fast for my own brain or to check my Ps and Qs. Sorry 'bout that as well. Okay, good day, good evening, and goodnight from cold old Melbourne. Brr, brrr, brrrr. These do sum me up at times. Righty'o, toodle for now. Hope to be a bit more regular than I have been. FB too addictive. Pretty much sums me up too. LOLOL. Bye Mooza, cheerio Maremooza-looo-lou.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mooza

Hahaha, I see. I will read my rambling later. LOL :)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Bill
Hello Mooza,I haven't been writing on here so much lately but I do try to read what others are writing.I loved your first blog and hope to read more.Best wishesBill
Primeboy

Happy first blog day, Mare. I look forward to many more. We can use some of that chilly Melbourne weather over here after the hottest July on record. PB

waytogo

Hi ya Mooza, I still haven't put a blog on here. I just read them hoping they may help me with my shyness as to what to write. I have been coming on here since 2011. I am a fellow Aussie from NSW. LOL. You are a very funny girl and I look forward to seeing more of your blogs.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
gee07

Hi Mooza, it is hard to imagine Australia being cold, here in wet, cold, then sunny England.......... take care Gee07

mooza

Yes, Melbourne gets cold, almost bipolar weather, and yes, it snows in winter too. I live way down south - guessing the South Pole is cold!! :) It's nearly spring, so we do get 4 seasons in one day down south...

mooza

Way to go! It is very hard the first time you write anything on here. I did see you were from over the border in NSW. Hmm, I will let you off this time. But if we bump into each other in a public chat room, we are both in for some state-to-state rivalry. You know, the Melbourne vs Sydney rivalry. You know, it is what it is. But, by the way, I have visited your state a few times. Psst, closer, come closer. I had a great time. Maybe the Cross isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I sure felt safe there. LOL. And the real thing I wanted to do was climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge, but I think we ran out of money. It's been 7 years since I was last there, but I love to give you guys a good ribbing, just for fun. GEE007, yes, Melbourne can have four seasons in one day. We get the most ribbing about our weather. Even stranger, we do talk about the weather here. You never know, the news says one thing, but a few hours later it could be rainy, hot, windy, or stormy. I love my city, but not the weather. That's pretty much all NSW has on us. They have better weather, only. :)))) xxx Cheers! I think I actually like the forums the best. Just used to them, I guess. :)) XX boom boom!!!!

waytogo

Hi ya Mooza, yes I know the rivalry is out there, but I think it is all fun and games because when it comes to the crunch, we all stick together in a crisis. But yes, we are sort of enemies. The weather here is getting as bad, I think! Thanks for replying. I know I have to write it all down, so I am going to. Thank you. I am not from Sydney, I come from the best place on the universe, lol :) Newcastle. Thanks again and I will get to it, lol :) Chat soon :) Way to go :) x

zeppo

Hi! Mooza, I find it difficult to believe that Melbourne can be that cold with a resident having such a large warm heart such as yours. Zeppy xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

Past Member

Hi Mooza, not been on this site too long but I've seen your comments pop up from time to time. You seem so full of life and very positive and funny. Keep up with your blog. I too cannot believe it's cold in Aussie land. :~)). xx

Primeboy

An Englishman wanted to become an Irishman, so he visited a doctor to find out how to go about this. Well, said the doctor, this is a very delicate operation and there is a lot that can go wrong. I will have to remove half your brain. That's OK, said the Englishman. I've always wanted to be Irish and I'm prepared to take the risk. The operation went ahead but the Englishman woke to find a look of horror on the face of the doctor. I'm so terribly sorry!! The doctor said. Instead of removing half the brain, I've taken the whole brain out. The patient replied, No worries, mate!! Affectionately...PB

dcrazy

Hi Mooza, congrats on your first blog! - Dcrazy..... In winter...it's been a drought where I am at.

zeppo

Dear Mooza,

When I had a prostate, I used to wake up every morning with such a boner that a cat couldn't climb it, a dog couldn't chew it! Can you offer me any uplifting advice?

Yours truly,

Limpy Louie.

Ha! Ha!

mooza

Sure Zep, my advice to uplift you would be: Do not, I repeat, do not cross the road without the green light. HAHAHA! Yep, I'm back, better, crazier, and yeah, whatever. You all can ask me, I feel like what I say to my niece, I get her to call me Aunty Mumma, and no, she won't, because that creeps her out. And #1, I like to freak her out!! Boom boom :)

mooza

Limpy Loui, I'm afraid you're well and truly only watching your SpongeBob TV shows. Sorry to burst your bubble, hahahah, but that's my job - the bubble burster. Yeah, yeah, I know typing sucks and all that, but my brain's way too fast. And how do I know? I had a head scan. So until you have one, Mr. Zeppy, I can proudly show you mine. HAHAH

mooza

Hello guys, I thought I would say hey there.

Primeboy

Hey back to you, Mare. Hey sounds a lot cheerier than ARRRGHHH.

gee07

Hi everyone, haven't been on here for a while. Hi Mooza, how are you sweetie?

gee07

Forgot, Merry Christmas and lots of good health and wishes to everyone in 2013.

Mrs.A

Hi Mooza, August was some time ago. How about an update on what you have been doing? It is winter time here and not quite as cold as expected, but I'm sure it is on its way. Christmas time is also close at hand as Gee mentioned. I am used to a cold holiday but not always snow on the ground during this time. What is the weather like there this time of year? Wishing you and everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Mrs.A

Hmm, guess the second blog is slow to start. Hehe, just wanted to check in case you have put up a new blog. Hope all is well and looking to chat again maybe this Friday?

moonshine

Hey, you. I remember you from last night. That was fun.

Mrs.A

Yes, chat can be fun, but lately I've been enjoying the summer weather since then. Will try to catch up again soon :).

zeppo
Hi Alice,

I was on tonight until 11:30 and gave up. I said hello to John and you. Rizzo Crisp but got no response. Sorry I missed you, John. Your good friend Bill.