Hot Air Balloon Ride with an Ostomy: Any Experiences?

Replies
Views
SallyK

Our annual balloon fiesta is happening this weekend. 🎈 I was wondering if anyone with an ostomy has ever gone up in one. And what was it like? Did the air pressure, etc. affect your pouch? 🤔🤩

Mysterious Mose

I suppose it depends how high you get. :-)

I have no firsthand experience to relate. But if I use the example of a bag of Frito-Lay chips shipped from Plano, TX to here in the Denver Metro area, things could get puffy. That is around a 4,300 foot rise. Not sure how things play out in, say Kearney, Nebraska where the rise would be about 1400 feet. Maybe Alex can tell us.

Of course, that may have nothing to do with going up in a balloon. I am just in a weird mood and paddling in a particular stream of consciousness. :-))

Daniel

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,630 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

SallyK
Reply to Mysterious Mose

Hi Daniel 😀

Makes sense to me. 😬🙄🤓

Bryce

Hi Sally - I have been in a balloon to 4,000 ft. (1.22 km) with no adverse effects. Also, when my fly fishing friend and I tackle the Miramichi, we fly from Waterloo to Fredericton in his small, non-pressurized plane and the average altitude is 5 ~ 7,000 ft. (1.52 ~ 2.13 km). There have been no problems in over 10 trips. If you get a chance to go up, please try a balloon trip - it is exhilarating! Best, Bryce

SallyK
Reply to Bryce

Thanks, Bryce! 😀

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
AlexT

Hope the hurricane headed that way doesn't affect the weekend up there.

SallyK
Reply to AlexT

The Balloon Fiesta is all done now. 🎈 Hurricane coming this weekend. 🌬🌊🥳

xnine

Did you go up?

Mysterious Mose
Reply to xnine

Yeah. She's somewhere over the Arctic Ocean now... :-0))

SallyK
Reply to xnine

No, I chickened out. Lol

SallyK
Reply to Mysterious Mose

LOL

Mysterious Mose
Reply to SallyK

You're back!!

AlexT
Reply to SallyK

🐔💩

SallyK
Reply to Mysterious Mose

😜

SallyK
Reply to AlexT

AlexT
Reply to SallyK

Ha. I've been called a chicken a few times. 😁 Just wondering, how much do they charge for a hot air balloon ride there? 

SallyK
Reply to AlexT

$300.00 at the event this weekend.

AlexT
Reply to SallyK

Pretty much about the same price as here.

StPetie
Reply to SallyK

Good luck with Lee. I hope he hangs a right and leaves you more or less alone.

SallyK
Reply to StPetie

Hi 😊 Me too! But just in case I put all the yard furniture, chimes, etc. away last night. I am all stocked up on emergency supplies. 🍦 😁

AlexT

Hope Lee doesn't ruffle your feathers too much.

SallyK

I will not eat my hurricane snacks early.

😁