I'm baaaaaaaack ;)

Replies
Views
7dragonflies.hm

Hey friends,

I'm back home now as of the past couple days. Reversal was a success, to God be the glory. I want to sincerely, from the bottoms of my heart, thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, wishes and encouragement. The outpouring was overwhelming and so touching. Again I want to say how much you all mean to me. šŸ’—šŸ’—

So to sum things up, I now have a hole that's healing from the inside out, just keeping it covered. A day after surgery a doctor came in and snatched, I mean SNATCHED, the packing out and I immediately started throwing up because it hurt sooooo bad, and no warning. He later came in and apologized to which I appreciated but let him know it was terrible. Aside from that, I was nauseous for several days, they gave me a patch behind my ear that did the trick to stop the nausea. It was a couple days and then I was able to pass gas. I said I blame my mom lol...my whole life I've been taught to "be a lady" and now I'm expected to blast it out šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Going to the bathroom is still not normal. At all. The same day I passed gas, I had movement but it was nothing but blood and clots. Sorry for TMI but about 10 trips worth. No blood the following day or since though. Hemoglobin dropped, I'm assuming because of that. I'm back on my vitamins now with iron. I've yet to have a normal BM but I'm not having anything they told be to watch for - distention, pain, nausea, etc. Other than that, I'm resting quite a bit and hoping to get my energy back. I'm due back to work on the 15th. Just wanted to give an update. I hope you all are having a good, happy day.

Hugs to you all,

Heather

Ā 

warrior

Great opening topic header there..

So pleased to see that and hear of your journey.

That packing touched a nerve since i had abt six foot of it in my ass once last year.

i howelled so loud security came.

doctor held that gauze packing up for me to see..from head to toe. 6 feet.

they suck. no warning.Ā  however now if i heard of packing i ask for a sedative prior to removing it.

a bit better.

you came thru it all. a true warrior princess. .. glad your baaaaack. šŸ¤— and moving along well.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,497 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ostoberry

Wishing you a swift return to normalcy. I'm having my colostomy reversed Tuesday the 12th at Advent on Williamson by Dr. Christopher Grove. Wondering if by chance that's where you went. I'm in Ormond Beach.

Beachboy

Great news Heather!Ā Ā 

Yes! God is good.Ā  Even though we are used to it, I'm amazed we can be put to sleep, they open us up, poke around.Ā  Later we awake and start on the road back to normal.

Definitely not cool yanking the packing out like that.Ā  Do they forget?Ā  We're human.. HELLO!

Take it easy.Ā  Remember it takes time for recovery.

Ā 

Morning glory
Reply to Ostoberry

Wishing you a successfulĀ  surgery.Ā Ā 

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Morning glory

Thank you for coming baccccck Heather, IĀ  am so happyĀ  your surgeryĀ  was a success. HopefullyĀ  you aren'tĀ  tryingĀ  to get back to work too soon. Hate that you had so much pain and nausea with the snatching doctor.Ā  Stay well Heather.

imsafanwa

Hi Heather!Ā 

Please remember to take it easy for a while. We get so caught up in the things we want to do, should do, must do...

The only thing that matters right now is recovery and finding things that make us smile. A good laugh can change our entire day; I personally chase the humor every waking moment. A quick look in the mirror gets me on the right track.

EEWwww!

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to warrior

Got the header idea from a warrior buddy ;)

6.......FEET?!? I cannot even begin to imagine the horror. Unreal. Ok...good advice if I ever deal with a packing job again I will most definitely ask for a sedative. Glad to be back and thank you!

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Ostoberry

Well hey neighbor! You're right up the road! I had all my procedures done at Mayo in Jacksonville because that's where I was originally referred when my whole journey started last April. (Long story but I was originally referred to Mayo GYN Oncology for what was THOUGHT to be a complex cyst on my ovary - nope turned out to be adhesions/infection from a years worth of a perforated colon from diverticulitis slowly bubbling all throughout my abdomen that I was stringing along surviving on antibiotics. Total hysterectomy, partial sigmoidectomy, colostomy later replaced by loop ileostomy, now reversed). I'm not familiar with Dr. Grove but I'm sure you're gonna be just fine and I'll be praying for you on the 12th and for a healthy quick recovery!! Let me know if I can help you.Ā 

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Beachboy

Hey Dan, thank you! I know!! It is crazy and a bit scary that they're in their poking around while we lye obliviously!Ā 

And yes, I coulda wrapped that packing around his neck for a nice necklace lol

I'm just hoping things get moving soon...if ya know what I mean.

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Morning glory

Thank you Morning Glory, it's good to be back! I'm out of time at work and must go back on the 15th. I hope things have started moving by then and I'm ready. Thank you for caring ā˜ŗļø

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to imsafanwa

Hey imsafanwa! I couldn't agree with you more, laughter is so very important! I like the way you think! And...there's no Eewwww in your mirror, I'd say more Ahhhhh!! ā˜ŗļø

w30bob

Great news Heather........sounds like you cleared the harbor and have calm seas ahead!Ā  That's awesome!!!

;O)

Axl

There you go, I knew you could do it.

Well done Heather .. you are special just like the rest of us and I hope you get all that you desire x

14jax71

That's great news. I'm happy for you. I hope the sun keeps shining bright for you.

Jayne

Well Done Heather

Glad your reversal is progressing well.

step by step

BW

Jayne

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to w30bob

Thank you so very much bob! I'm sure hoping so!!! :-D I appreciate your cheers!

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Axl

Hugs Axl, thank you so much for your support!! ā˜ŗļø Special, special people šŸ’— and I hope the very same for you.

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to 14jax71

Thank you so much Jax! ā˜ŗļø I hope the sun continually shines down upon you and brings you nothing but happiness.Ā 

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Jayne

Hey Jayne, thank you very much! Best wishes to you always. ā˜ŗļø

Itsme58

Glad your back Heather, happy for you, baby steps hugs

Newhere

So happy all went well for you, TakeĀ  care and rest up

IGGIE

G-Day Heather, Great news and it will get better every day so keep us up to date. Regards IGGIE

ron in mich

Hi Heather some docs have no compassion, i had a surgeon that ripped the clear bandage off the main scar that pulled staples out, i was ready to punch him out. I was allowed to work lite duty for 2wks. after i went back. good luckĀ 

DexieB

Great news šŸ˜ŠšŸ™šŸŒˆ. Ā Donā€™t go back to work too soonā€¦.I made that mistake after my last surgery. Ā Iā€™m sure your bathroom habits will work out just fine in due time! Ā Congratulations! Ā 

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to Itsme58

Thank you so much and soon you'll be baaaaack!! Waiting to hear. Hugs to you!

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to IGGIE

Thanks Iggie! I surely will!! ā¤ļø

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to ron in mich

Hey Ron, yes exactly! Like it's just their job...no thoughts considered for poor us going through it. šŸ˜– good grief! Yanked the staples out with it?!Ā  I can imagine how you wanted to nail him! Thank you for your encouragement. ā˜ŗļøā˜ŗļø

7dragonflies.hm
Reply to DexieB

Thank you Dexie! šŸ’— I'm gonna try my best to take it easy. I don't have a choice at this point but to go back then but I'll be careful. I'm not willing to mess myself up after all this. And....I'm being careful coughing lol

DexieB
Reply to 7dragonflies.hm

Thatā€™s good, because yours truly already has another hernia šŸ˜¬šŸ˜­. Ā Seeing the doc soon to confirm, but itā€™s not my first rodeo - I know one when I see one. For a few weeks Iā€™ve been just hoping it was scar tissue, or healing, but I was only kidding myself.

Nothing I can doā€¦.too soon for another surgery. Ā I did everything I could not to cough-wore my belt, and supported my abdomen when I did cough and sneeze. Ā Apparently didn't work. My other hernia that they fixed under my colostomy was big but it didnā€™t really bother me physically. Ā This one is smaller but in a different location and it really feels uncomfortable when I stand. Ā Pressure. Ā Argh, I had such a perfect operationā€¦.that dang virus! Ā 

So now I will be facing another surgery, probably sooner than later. Ā But, am I sorry I did the reversal? Ā Absolutely not! Ā Iā€™m still very grateful the reconnection itself went well! Ā My surgeon had told me upfront a hernia might occur as Iā€™ve had multiple abdominal surgeries, I just never thought it would happen straight out of surgery! Ā never thought I would be sick with involuntarily coughing and sneezing. Ā Such bad timingā€¦.

My adviceā€¦stay away from people, lol. Protect yourself. Ā Take it easy. Ā Iā€™m glad things are going well šŸ˜Š