Post Colostomy Reversal Day 3

Replies
Views
MoeMoe

So here I am, day 3 since my colostomy was reversed. Today I still have no appetite but am drinking fluids and have had terrible gas pain all day. I refuse to use the oxy the doc prescribed so I’m on 500 mgs of Extra Strength Tylenol every 6 hrs. The doc said I would have diarrhea and I imagined it would be like when you have a stomach bug and needing to go every few minutes but it’s not like that. I do have diarrhea but I also have control and I still have not had an accident thank goodness! My stomach is still making all those awful noises and I can still feel the air moving through my abdomen, hopefully it goes away soon. I called the doc today cuz it’s kinda scary but all is normal and she gave the ok for me to use a heating pad. I’m sure that will help with the gas. My whole torso hurts and feels like I did a ton of crunches and I can’t walk standing straight up yet because of the stitches but a little hunched over. Since I’m not taking all the pain meds the hospital was giving me, I’m feeling more of the pain but it’s not excruciating more like soreness. Um, I think that’s it, not much else going on here LOL I hope that my posts will eventually help others down the line. I had so many questions about reversal and some of the stories I read scared me so I hope that since my reconnection was successful (thanks be to God) this will help someone else. In the meantime I’m still praying recovery will be just as successful for me too. So far so good 😊 Good night friends!! 
Edit: I had so much gas that I put on an adult diaper so that I could pass gas as I felt it coming instead of rushing to the restroom to avoid an “accident.” I never had an accident, it was all just air. Also I drank several cups of hot peppermint tea which, for me, has always helped with stomach issues. 

CrappyColon

Thanks for taking the time to detail your experience in hopes it can help others  have an idea of what to expect post colostomy reversal despite being in pain just having had surgery yourself a few days ago ;)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,493 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

7dragonflies.hm

Congrats on your reversal MoeMoe. Hopefully each day feels better for you. I think I only took 3 of the pain meds that were prescribed to me after I left the hospital, my pain wasn't terrible (they didn't cut me back open this time) and plus I was worried about constipation with pain meds. I'm happy it sounds like you're doing good all in all! Speedy and healthy recovery wishes to you! ☺️ Get plenty of rest. Hugs.

Bill

Hello MoeMoe.
I'd like to echo Crappy Colon's reply.
Although I am never likely to have a reversal, it is good to read about people's experiences in this regard.
Please continue to keep us updated.
Best wishes

Bill 

Newhere

MoeMoe, sounds like you are doing well after your reversal, Wishing you all the best, Take care.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Beachboy

You're on the rocky road to recovery.  Glad to hear you have "control" and don't need the Oxy.   Be careful you don't fall.  Every day you'll get stronger.  

Morning glory

Thanks for sharing your recovery days. Prayers  for continued  success. Hopefully  today you will get rid of all that painful  gas. 

IGGIE

It can only get better from here, thinking of you and look forward for your next entry. Regards IGGIE

DexieB

Hey there.  Day 3 was worse for me than the first two, because the pain block they had administered to my abdomen during surgery wore off by day 3.  Hang in there!  It gets better ❤️‍🩹

MoeMoe

Thanks everyone! I am so grateful for this site and to have connected with such a caring community! I hope everyone has a super fantastic and blessed weekend!