sore skin

Replies
Views
3bagsfull

I have very sore skin around my colostomy due to diarrhea, i've tried derma gard wipes that sting, any suggestions that help?

Ben38

I would rub a small amount of sudocrem in myself then wipe over with a tissue and pop bag back on, you could try an egg white if you haven't got any sudocrem 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,592 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Morning glory

You should be able to get the string free wipes.

Axl

If it is a barrier to protect the skin you are looking for, this is usually a winner

kittybou
Reply to Axl

Where to get the spray, pls

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Audrey Warren
Reply to kittybou

Probably Amazon.

Earth Angel

Hi, Boudreaux’s butt paste ( diaper rash cream) works great. After I shower on day I change appliance, I dry skin around stoma and apply a film of it around the area. Leave on about 10 minutes then wipe off. It heals the skin and relieves itch and pain. Also when I shower on days I change I put some head and shoulders shampoo around stoma. It also clears up any yeast, itching and irritation. Best of luck!

😇

Axl

The cavilon spray is a very common ostomy product, I am in Oz but you should find it readily available. Practice on the back of your hand first, two squirts, dries in seconds, less is more.

Beachboy
Reply to kittybou

I got the spray and swabs on Amazon.  I use this at every wafer changeout.

JVM261
Reply to kittybou

There’s a website called Medical monks that has it too.

DexieB
Reply to Axl

Axl is right, this 3M Cavilon is great.