Maximize Your Tax Benefits with the Canadian Disability Tax Credit

Replies
Views
JamesArnod
Dec 01, 2022 9:41 pm

If you live in Canada and have a stoma, you can receive a large tax credit. Go to www.ostomycanada.ca

I did this and received a $17,000 tax credit plus I now have an $8,000+ tax credit per year for life.

Interested? Hint, you need to use a certain phraseology which is in the Ostomy Canada's brochure. They will help.

I actually filled in the whole form including the doctor's part; all he had to do was sign and date it. He did not get upset as time is money, especially for doctors.

Jim

SallyK
Dec 01, 2022 9:49 pm

Thanks for the information.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,870 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Uro2011
Dec 02, 2022 2:44 am

I got rejected the first time because my doctor barely wrote anything and I paid him $80 to fill out the forms. Doctors don't know what we go through day to day, so I filled out all the forms myself and my doctor read them over and agreed with what I had written and signed them, and I got approved. If they reject you, keep applying over and over again. The first time they approved me for like 8 years, and the second time they approved me for life.

SallyK
Dec 02, 2022 2:00 pm

I only got approved for 5 years, which is so odd. Nothing will be different in 5 years.

Uro2011
Dec 02, 2022 3:58 pm
Reply to SallyK

It makes no sense at all. If it's permanent, it's permanent, nothing is going to change.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
TerryLT
Dec 02, 2022 9:06 pm
Reply to SallyK

This is weird. Maybe they have changed something, as when I got approved for it a few years ago, only people with 'permanent disabilities' were eligible, so there was no question of a time limit.

Terry