Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,328 members

Ostomy bikers

Posted by bikerboy, on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:48 pm
I just had a new patch made and had it sewn on my jacket,it says   OSTOMY RIDERS
Im hopeing to start a nationwide awareness that just because we have a bag we cant still do the things we like.I'll be out there advertising everyday.I know of a few riders here on this site and Im sure it will raise awareness.Theres no dues Im sure we have already paid with our lives.
takecare
bikerboy greg
Reply by Juuust_Jim, on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:55 pm
Ostomy Riders "Have bags -will travel!"
Reply by Pilgrim, on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:57 am
I ride, been riding for a long time before my ostomy. Still ride with ostomy, why would anyone question that we can't?     Kevin
Reply by Daddys_Dream, on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:58 pm
I'll proudly wear one of those patches.  How do I get one?
Reply by austen, on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:18 pm
I've raced bikes before I got my bag, I've raced them with the bag( although my wife wasn't to happy) I had my j pouch reversal three weeks ago and I'm  jus about to buy my self a new r6 to start racing again, let me know where I can get my self one of these patches, I'll wear it with pride
Austen
Reply by Dodo, on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:30 pm
Just started riding again thanks to my permanent illeostomy,i want one of these patches please,pm with info!

i had stop riding cause i was always in flare ups cause by chronic u.c. during my time off riding though i concentrated my anger on a 1980 honda cm400a hardtail bobber project and on may 16th of this year i rode her for the first time,was amazing!!
Reply by GOUCH, on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:44 pm
Thats great i ride a bike also and have an ostomy and play softball,ride a dirt bike for racing and a motor cycle. If u plan on selling them i want one. We can do anything if we have the will. Great Job. Gouch
Reply by Ladytrykr, on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:55 pm
Hello, I would wear one, still ride every chance I get!  xoxox
Reply by bram, on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:45 pm
Hi i would wear one love to ride my bike ( 72 Harley)
Reply by jakie, on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:37 pm
Good for you. I think that is a wonderful idea. I have an ostomy and am looking forward to riding again.
Reply by Lolamax, on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:16 am
Hi Bikerboy,

I'd love a patch like that too - so - if you are selling them, let me know how to purchase one! Great idea! Good for you!
Reply by bikerboy, on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:13 am
Originally I thought maybe I'd get  maybe one reply but this is overwhelming,and totally awesome.I was at a local harley shop where the ladies set up shop and sew patches for bikers.I asked this lady if she could make a patch.It cost me $20 for the patch and $10 to sew it on.I'll see if she wants to make more and I'd just sell them for what I paid plus postage.If there's some one out there that wants to make them and sell them thats fine with me.Im not a business man I just thought it would be neat and never saw  a patch before.
J.J
Reply by J.J, on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:16 am
I don't ride..but just wanted to pass along that your idea is awesome!!...and I really enjoy your posts in the forum!!...they make me laugh..they are straight up honest....and to the point...thanks for having the courage to just tell it like it is..=)

take care,
J.J
Reply by honey, on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:59 am
I would wear one of those patches,that cool,but iam nt a biker,but i want one,how do i gt one?
Reply by bikerboy, on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:35 pm
ok  I found a site that will make the patch so I hope to have them available in the next month,and I will let you know the cost and other questions
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.