Ostomy Riders: Spreading Awareness on Bikes!

Replies
Views
bikerboy

I just had a new patch made and had it sewn on my jacket, it says "OSTOMY RIDERS".
I'm hoping to start a nationwide awareness that just because we have a bag, we can still do the things we like. I'll be out there advertising every day. I know of a few riders here on this site and I'm sure it will raise awareness. There's no dues, I'm sure we have already paid with our lives.
Take care.
Bikerboy Greg.

Juuust_James

Ostomy Riders "Have bags - will travel!"

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,315 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Pilgrim

I ride, been riding for a long time before my ostomy. Still ride with ostomy, why would anyone question that we can't? ;Kevin

Daddys_Dream

I'll proudly wear one of those patches. How do I get one?

austen

I've raced bikes before I got my bag, I've raced them with the bag (although my wife wasn't too happy). I had my J-pouch reversal three weeks ago and I'm just about to buy myself a new R6 to start racing again. Let me know where I can get myself one of these patches. I'll wear it with pride.
Austen

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Dodo

Just started riding again thanks to my permanent ileostomy, I want one of these patches please, PM with info!

I had stopped riding because I was always in flare-ups caused by chronic UC. During my time off riding, though, I concentrated my anger on a 1980 Honda CM400A hardtail bobber project. On May 16th of this year, I rode her for the first time. It was amazing!!

GOUCH

That's great! I ride a bike also and have an ostomy. I play softball, ride a dirt bike for racing, and a motorcycle. If you plan on selling them, I want one. We can do anything if we have the will. Great job! Gouch

Ladytrykr
Hello, I would wear one, still ride every chance I get! Xoxox
bram

Hi, I would love to ride my bike (72 Harley).

jakie

Good for you. I think that is a wonderful idea. I have an ostomy and am looking forward to riding again.

Lolamax

Hi Bikerboy,

I'd love a patch like that too - so - if you are selling them, let me know how to purchase one! Great idea! Good for you!

bikerboy

Originally, I thought maybe I'd get maybe one reply but this is overwhelming, and totally awesome. I was at a local Harley shop where the ladies set up shop and sew patches for bikers. I asked this lady if she could make a patch. It cost me $20 for the patch and $10 to sew it on. I'll see if she wants to make more and I'd just sell them for what I paid plus postage. If there's someone out there that wants to make them and sell them, that's fine with me. I'm not a businessman, I just thought it would be neat and never saw a patch before.

J.J.

I don't ride..but just wanted to pass along that your idea is awesome!!...and I really enjoy your posts in the forum!!...they make me laugh..they are straight up honest....and to the point...thanks for having the courage to just tell it like it is..=)

Take care,
J.J

honey

I would wear one of those patches, that's cool, but I am not a biker, but I want one. How do I get one?

bikerboy

OK, I found a site that will make the patch, so I hope to have them available in the next month, and I will let you know the cost and other questions.

Juuust_James

Making decals with the same logo or emblem you design would be a good idea too and also much less expensive to produce too - those would be nice for people that don't have or always wear a jacket when they ride - and also could be adhered just about anywhere.

bikerboy

That's a good idea. I'll check into getting a bumper sticker idea going. Thanks, Juuust Jim.

cagabolsa

I even have a set of side bags and a rucksack. I might do more things as an ostomate than other "normal" people would do. Besides, having an ostomy is something you can hardly notice in your leathers, but a giant beer belly yes! Hahaha

Snowwhite

Hi.
I proudly sit on the back of a Harley. I would love a patch! Let us know where we can get them.

And..... I feel so free and "normal" when we are riding. I rarely check to see if the back needs emptying. I never thought I could let it go from my mind for even five minutes. It is the best feeling to just be a passenger and look around. I suggest to anyone to do this.

"G"
Hello Bikerboy,

I am Guadalupe aka "G". I admire your bravery. I've had my ostomy for 3 years now and it saved my life, but it took my body and self-esteem. I need to change, so how can I get one of your awesome ostomy riders patches? I don't ride anymore, but I would put one on my jacket.
DonBrown1943

I have a new ostomy and am using my 2006 Harley as an incentive to keep on working hard to get back to full capacity if not completely normal again. My first ride since the surgery is only a month away! I would wear one of those patches with pride, even if I am able to have a successful reversal in 2017. I will buy one if you can get them made and let us know the procedure to follow.

luiscruz1217

Where did you get the patch made? We need to start an MC.

Beth22

Yes, shout it loud!!